NetBSD for DEC Alpha (Multia) source?

Post by Chris Shent » Wed, 02 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I understand that there is a NetBSD port to DEC Alpha; I've got a
Multia which I'd like to run a real OS on -- NT's too painful and
slow. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks.

NetBSD for DEC Alpha (Multia) source?

Post by Ignatios Souvatz » Wed, 02 Oct 1996 04:00:00

NetBSD - 1.2 will work on MULTIA, to my knowledge.

Will be announced any day now.

        -is
--

Cute quote: "Bill Gates should limit his salary to the number of bytes
 addressable by the latest version of MS-DOS, and be taxed based on the

Post by Jason R. Thor » Fri, 04 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>I understand that there is a NetBSD port to DEC Alpha; I've got a
>Multia which I'd like to run a real OS on -- NT's too painful and
>slow. Any leads would be appreciated.

Yup ... ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/...

I run NetBSD on my Multia, and where I work (NASA Ames Research Center;
sorry, couldn't help but notice your address :-), we're running NetBSD
on Multias.

--

1. FS: DEC Alpha 166mhz Multia's AVAILABLE - - - $99 - - -

DEC Multia's are now available through our own website for $99.

We recently purchased DEC's entire remaining inventory of Alpha Multia's.

The Multia is a 166mhz DEC Alpha (cpu 21066-AA), with integrated SVGA,
sound, ethernet,  2 PCMCIA slots, and a floppy drive.  It makes a great
inexpensive Linux, BSD, or Windows NT workstation.  We also have components
such as hard drive and memory upgrades available, such as 64MB True Parity
RAM - 2 SIMMS for $139.00, as well as 2.1GB SCSI Drives.

We currently have the VX-40 F2 model in stock, which has an internal SCSI-2
adapter.

HTTP://WWW.CPUMICROMART.COM

We were formerly auctioning the Multia through Onsale.com, and are now
selling our remaining inventory directly.

You can do secure, online ordering through our website.  The original Multia
hardware service guide is also available there, in .PDF format.

Average shipping cost within the US is between $12-$20.

We do ship internationally with UPS, with payment by major credit card.
Average shipping cost to Europe has been $150, we can strap 2 boxes together
which averages $250 for shipping.

If you are a reseller interested in ordering in quantities greater than 10,
there are quantity discounts available.

2. process mem allocation table???

3. Linux on a DEC Alpha Multia (Anyone running this?)

4. KDE Shutdown problem

5. Redhat FTP Install, DEC Alpha Multia.

6. "The War between the States" or "The Civil War"?

7. FS: DEC Alpha Multia 166MHz

8. DIP error message -- Help needed

9. FreeBSD 3.1 on Alpha? (Specifically DEC Multia)

10. V3.0 on a Dec Alpha 166 Multia ?

11. MySQL for Dec-Alpha Multia and Linux 4.2