NetBSD/mac68k 1.1 misc problems

Post by Matthew W. Hack » Tue, 02 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hmm.  I have been trying to install NetBSD/mac68k and I've mostly been successful.

I have a couple of small problems, if anyone has thoughts on them they'd be greatly
appreciated.

1)  Booter 1.8 doesn't like it when I ask it to boot the kernel on the netbsd
    partition.  It complains with something like "can't find netbsd (4,?)"
    The disk is SCSI 4.

Boots are fine if I use the kernel from the MacOS side of things, but this makes
recompiling and rebooting a non-automatic process.

2)  Serial consoles.  They don't seem to work.  I can't even get a getty process to work

    or similar).  I've tried several different partity settings on the terminal
    (a wyse50 :( ) but nothing makes it happy.  I noticed that if I do a
    "stty -f /dev/tty00 -a" it list the speed as something just a bit off.  If I
    try and set it to 9600 for instance, stty then reports a speed of 9450 (give or
    take a bit, I didn't write it down.)  Trying 19200 prodcues 2050 (give or take).

It's important to get serial console working as well as serial boot messages
since I have to give back the monitor I'm using shortly. :-)

The machine is a MacIIci with 20 MB mem, 32 bit mode set, (does the video
card setting matter?) 256 grays (I think).  NetBSD/mac68k 1.1 from ftp.netbsd.org.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

-matthew

1. Problem booting NetBSD 1.1 on A3000/040

I have an A3000/040 w/6MB of RAM and 2 HD's (one is a fujitsu 1090MB fast
scsi-II HD, the other is an old 50MB quantum).  After going through all the
initial setup procedure, I start the boot strap program and everything seems to
work ok (both hard drives are recognized, the HD control is recognized, etc.).
Then it asks me for the kernal.  I tell it where it is (I've tried everthing
from sd0* to sd0a,b,c,d,e,...) and then some warning messages are displayed and
my system reboots.  Any ideas, help, answers would be appreciated, I haven't
found any documentation on this problem (I don't have a lot of time to look
either).

Thanks in advance

2. NEED: SCO 3.2.4v2 binary for base64 encode/decode

3. Mac IIci - NetBSD 1.1 success and problems

4. straight A's

5. Problems with Install floppies for NetBSD 1.1

6. No Sound - KDE 1.1.1 for Solaris (Sparc)

7. NetBSD 1.1/i386 Swap space problem

8. RAM never free

9. Problems installing NetBSD 1.1

10. Problem with dd in vi on 386i NetBSD 1.1

11. NetBSD Amiga 1.1 Install Problems

12. Problem Installing XFree86 on Intel based NetBSD 1.1

13. NetBSD 1.1 installation problem