Netbsd Binaries

Post by darr.. » Sat, 24 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me where I can find binaries for XV and Xloadimge for netbsd.

THanks

Netbsd Binaries

Post by Matthias Schele » Sat, 24 Feb 1996 04:00:00

darrylb wrote in comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc about "Netbsd Binaries":

Quote:> Can anyone tell me where I can find binaries for XV and Xloadimge for
> netbsd.

i386, amiga, sparc, alpha, mac, arm32 ...?

NetBSD runs on many platforms.

--
Matthias Scheler

Netbsd Binaries

Post by Wiker, Raymo » Mon, 26 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> darrylb wrote in comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc about "Netbsd Binaries":
> > Can anyone tell me where I can find binaries for XV and Xloadimge for
> > netbsd.

> i386, amiga, sparc, alpha, mac, arm32 ...?

> NetBSD runs on many platforms.

        Hey! You forgot the pc532!

        //Raymond.
--

---

Boks 44, 4817 HIS, NORWAY / Tel +47 370 51482

1. Can I run Alpha NetBSD binaries under Linux

Greetings fellow Alpha lovers,

Does anyone know if it is possible to run Alpha NetBSD binaries under Alpha
Linux similarly to the way in which one can use OSF and Tru64 binaries?

Why do I need to do this?  Well, for some time I have been running the
alpha-dec-osf setiathome client on my alpha with the aid of the Tru64
libraries.  It certainly goes much faster than the Alpha Linux one, even
with the aid of cpml.

I observe from the stats pages that the alpha-dec-osf3.0 client has an
average WU time of 11 hr 42 min, whilst the alpha-unknown-netbsd1.3.3 client
has an average of 4 hr 09 min.  Now the netbsd client has only returned 406
WUs, so perhaps it is only being run on a couple of particularly fast
machines, but I thought that it might be worth a try.

I downloaded the client and 'file' says that it is an ELF executable, but
when I try to run it I just get a 'file not found' error.  I presume that it
is looking for a netbsd library.

Richard Simpson
Farnborough, Hants, Uk                 Fax: 01252 392118

I am not aware of any views shared by myself and my employers.

2. BSD

3. NetBSD binary emulation

4. printer port ioctls?

5. Xhost binary for NETBSD needed!

6. Red Hat 8.0 shipping with Apache 2.0 and PHP?

7. binaries wanted for NetBSD 1.0: xv xpaint pdksh pgp2.6

8. intermittent dsl hangs

9. Is NetBSD/Sparc binary compatiblity with SunOS 4.x?

10. Mosaic Binary for NetBSD-1.0 Wanted

11. Looking for binary distribution of Perl 5 for NetBSD

12. How to make NetBSD-1.2 i386 execute ELF binaries

13. Anyone try BMRT Linux binaries on NetBSD-current?