java 2 plugin for netscape

Post by ben gask » Mon, 27 May 2002 17:11:07

Hi,
I'm writing a java applet using the 'swing' package.
Is there any way this applet would be able to be easily
 viewed on a netbsd machine running Netscape?

I looked at java's plugin site, but I think it only mentions
windows and linux.

Cheers

java 2 plugin for netscape

Post by Michael Cor » Mon, 27 May 2002 19:35:19

> I'm writing a java applet using the 'swing' package.
> Is there any way this applet would be able to be easily
>  viewed on a netbsd machine running Netscape?

> I looked at java's plugin site, but I think it only mentions
> windows and linux.

NetBSD can run virtually any Linux-Binary but somehow I have problems
with plugin for JDK-1.4.0. IIRC 1.3 worked. Of course, you don't need a
browser to view your applets.

java 2 plugin for netscape

Post by Rasputi » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 01:14:03

Quote:> Hi,
> I'm writing a java applet using the 'swing' package.
> Is there any way this applet would be able to be easily
>  viewed on a netbsd machine running Netscape?

> I looked at java's plugin site, but I think it only mentions
> windows and linux.

I'd use the linux mozilla binary and the linux jdk13 in
/usr/pkgsrc/lang/sun-jdk13 - that should work.

1. java 1.4 plugin for netscape 7

I was trying to configure the Java plugin 1.4 to work with Netscape 7.
I created the symbolic files in the /usr/netscape/base/plugins
directory to link the libjavaplugin_oji.so file. The browser still
cannot lauch the applet. It returns error:
Applet jarFinderApplet notinited.

Anyone could help? Thanks!

2. Communicator 4.03 and Solaris 2.6

3. Java Plugins for Netscape 7.01

4. Need help about X on IBM ThinkPad760E

5. how to use Java plugin with Netscape von FreeBSD?

6. on line course on Sed

7. reading news

8. JAVA PLUGIN FOR NETSCAPE RUNNING IN HP UNIX

9. Netscape Java plugin and 16-bit colour depth

10. java plugin lost with netscape 7.01 install ??

11. Netscape + Java Plugin Crashing

12. problem with Netscape java plugin