Web Services

Post by Ben » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 23:57:51

Hi,

Just wondering if BSD will be supporting Web Services ?

Would it be safe to assume that IF they will be supported,...then Web
Services will be availible on any enbedded platform running NetBSD or other
variations ?

Thanks.

Jacek

Web Services

Post by Ulrich Hobelman » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 22:13:38

> Hi,

> Just wondering if BSD will be supporting Web Services ?

> Would it be safe to assume that IF they will be supported,...then Web
> Services will be availible on any enbedded platform running NetBSD or other
> variations ?

> Thanks.

> Jacek

Web services aren't magic, they are just some SOAP/XML stuff
communicating over TCP/IP IIRC.
So you can program web services in any language, on any Operating System
that supports TCP/IP.
I suggest you get a good book about web services to see how they work.
Also I'm sure there are lots of libraries for Java/C++/C/Python etc. in
development to help doing the web service stuff...
(I haven't done anything about this myself, so I can't recommend you
books...)

Ulrich

1. WEBS: Int'l Corporate Web Service Providers Mailing List

Announcing the WEBS mailing list.

As of now we are a loose organization of companies providing professional
information services to the Internet community (primarily web service)
and more specifically consulting companies interested in getting involved
with the Internet.

The list is to work as a line of communication for providers with similar
desires and needs.  We can and should discuss anything relevant to our
professions.  In particular, I would like to see discussions revolving
around coalition building in the face of up and coming large corporate
intervention into our market.  But the list belongs to everyone.

Topics should include Internet security issues, digital cash, standard
development and of course the future of our profession and electronic
commerce.  But the list is not to be limited.  It is what we make it.

To subscribe to the list please send email to:

        Body of message:  subscribe webs

To send a message to the entire list send email to:

If you know of anyone who has any questions please have them send email to:

Please feel free to spread the word to interested parties.  The more
discussion we have the stronger we will become.  If the most we get out of
this group is a healthy discussion of how we can pull in the same direction
it will be worth my while.

Thank you.

Matt
Midex Group

2. NYC LOCAL: Wednesday 16 May 2001 NYLUG: Kirrily 'Skud' Robert on the e-smith Server & Gateway

3. Web services, Java, and FreeBSD questions

4. setting up Apache 1.3.27 with the ssl on Freebsd 4.7(stable)

5. count traffic of web services

6. libXt.so.6 Problems!?!?!

7. Web services, Java, and FreeBSD questions

8. CDROM not found

9. Web Services development

10. web services

11. Sun[tm] ONE Web Services Platform, Developer Edition software FREE

12. publish web service to internet via NAT server...

13. New Web Service Provider