NetBSD on a non-FPU Mac?

Post by Andrew Bro » Mon, 26 Feb 1996 04:00:00

hi,

i was reading about netbsd at http://www.netbsd.org, and noticed
that 1.0 had been ported to 68030-based macs that had an FPU.
it stated efforts were in progress to remove the FPU requirement.

i am about to receive a PowerBook 150 that does not have an FPU.
thus, i have two questions:

1) is work still in progress to remove the FPU requirement, and,
   if so, how long is it estimated before that happens?

2) if the answer to (1) is negative or uncertain, would anyone
   happen do know if i can add an FPU to my mac at a later time?

thanks,
andrew

// -----------------------------------------------------------------

// university of illinois   http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/atbrown1
// -----------------------------------------------------------------

1. NetBSD kernels on Mac LCIII (P450) no FPU?????

Is it possible to use NetBSD 1.2.1 with a Performa 450 (LCIII 68030/25MHz)
without
a FPU. I have not yet suceeded to boot a kernel inspite many kernels/attempts...

Can anybody give me hint on a usable kernel/ how to configure a GENERIC one?

Thanx /Mats Erik/

--
Mats Erik Wenneberg

2. 43p with AIX 4.1 hangs after shutdown -Fr command

3. NetBSD/Mac or other Mac PD UNIX

4. Linux/SLIP serving Windows/Mosaic (named reqd?)

5. NetBSD on LCII with FPU ?

6. No Man Page !

7. Running NetBSD on fpu-less amiga?

8. resolv+ pl15

9. Reading and writing Mac floppy disks on non-mac hardware

10. Cyrix 5x86 FPU better than AMD 5x86 FPU?

11. mac IIsi FPU

12. Move "used FPU status" into new non-atomic thread_info->status field.