1. Adaptec 2940 Version 1.21 problems, OK with Version 1.1
I bought a 486/133, 16Mb, 3Com509ISA, Adaptec 2940, 2Gb SCSI disk
last week. Installed Linux. Failed. Read about the 2940 problems,
downloaded the aha2940 boot disk, installed it, everything was fine.
This week, tried to do the same thing. Bought the same hardware,
doesn't work. Only difference is that the Adaptec is running Version 1.21,
whereas the other machine is running version 1.16.
I can boot from my old machine, no problem.
I replace the 2940 card in this machine with my newer version,
the BIOS recognizes the card,tells me I've got a SCSI hard disk connected as
SCSI 0, then the Linuxkernel boots. I get the error message
scsi: 0 hosts
during the boot (my older 2940 card would normally displays its messages).
I looked in the SCSI-Howto; in section 4.2.2 it documents the scsi:0 hosts
message and says to get the "signature". Unfortunately, it says to use DOS
to get this, and I don't have DOS.
Any help muchly appreciated - I spent two days getting thus far!
2. Slackware tape install problems
3. GCC 2.7.2 on NetBSD 1.1
4. The role of the sticky bit on binaries in Solaris
5. Problem booting NetBSD 1.1 on A3000/040
6. Printer configuration with Netatalk - need some help
7. NetBSD 1.1 i386 bad144 confusion
8. Xeon processor support
9. HELP: compiling xarchie under netbsd 1.1
10. Am I missing some news or did NetBSD 1.1 not get announced?
11. NetBSD 1.1 i386 bad144 confusion
12. Installation of i386 NetBsd 1.1
13. Bad sectors, NetBSD 1.1, IDE, what to do