serial mouse at X (I can't find mouse driver)

serial mouse at X (I can't find mouse driver)

Post by ??? » Thu, 27 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Thx.. last answer for me..

I have another problem.
I have a serial mouse which is attached at COM1.

" how can I use it at X-win ? "

ex) kernel requirments, or some program

serial mouse at X (I can't find mouse driver)

Post by Ignatios Souvatz » Fri, 28 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I have another problem.
> I have a serial mouse which is attached at COM1.

> " how can I use it at X-win ? "

THe Xfree X server can use it directly
        -is

1. Serial mouse only works during installation in graphics mode, problem with 'serial device driver'

Hi,
During installation in graphics mode the serial microsoft mouse works.
But when Linux starts the console mouse drivers, the following error
appears: 'LSR Safety check engaged!', meaning that the UART 16550A
returns 0xFF to a query of the serial device driver which then
concludes that there is some problem. Result: no serial mouse or
whatever device on the serial port will work.
Now I looked for this problem in google and found
http://uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0002.1/0075.html
as an explanation: a sloppy designed UART 16550A chip...
My question: is there any updated driver somewhere in which this
problem is resolved?
Or is there any parameter that I can apply during start up to prevent
the serial driver from performing this check?

thanks a lot,
arie

2. Linux Pro 4.1a on ThinkPad 760ED

3. mouse driver for 2-button mouse at serial port..

4. X resolution with Compaq 1800E notebook

5. Mouse Systems PC Mouse 3D/6D Bus Mouse driver?

6. Solaris 2.4 x86 problems ..

7. Can't find Logitech serial mouse on com1

8. Acrobat Reader 3.0 startup options; how to set

9. PS/2 type 'mouse systems' mouse wont work

10. how to set XFree86's mouse resolution (using FreeBSD's moused)?

11. Newbie question: how to set 'active mouse follow mouse'?

12. Logitech pulls a fast one with there Mouseman II 'buhs' mouse (mice, busmouse, busmice)

13. gpm: PS/2 mouse and serial mouse