ttys = modems

Post by Roger strandbe » Thu, 25 Apr 1996 04:00:00

My modems now answer and connets with the user thats phoneing me.

And I se that Netbsd sends Login.

But the user only se trash....

I have tryed:

ttyA1 "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600 vt220" on secure

and

ttyA1 "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600 vt100" on secure mdmbuf

and my user has tested different setups in NCOMM....

But he can not se the Login: ...... :(

Whats wrong????

(Using A3000 multiface card...)

Roger strandberg

ttys = modems

Post by J Wuns » Sat, 27 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>My modems now answer and connets with the user thats phoneing me.

>And I se that Netbsd sends Login.

>But the user only se trash....

Lock your modem's DTE speed to what your getty is using (9600 bps in
your case, i assume).  This is done via some vendor-specific modem AT
command.

--
J"org Wunsch                                              Unix support engineer

1. Ioctl and tty/modems

Hi,

Does anybody know of anywhere on the net or books etc. where
I can find specific information regarding using ioctl() with modems.
I have a variety of books but they all deal with the general use of
ioctl().
As an example I am trying to establish the difference between using
ioctl() with the TCGETA option as opposed to using ioctl() with the
TIOCMGET option, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thats what you get when you have to maintain commentless code...*sigh*

Simon

2. Reload Problem - Help me, please!

3. TTY/Modems

4. linux stability problems

5. ppp ttyS*/modem restriction

6. Customizing X

7. tty / modem problems

8. Squid-Excessive rights needed, why? & How to prevent caching of certain site.

9. How to map a tty port to another tty port

10. Modem on tty port

11. Modem tty security

12. How can I tie a modem caller DIRECTLY to another tty Port?

13. creating tty's, mknod, stuck after boot with wrong tty - help