IP-Nat on NetBSD Amiga

Post by Oliver Egger » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

I have an Amiga running NetBSD 1.3 and a Sun-Sparc running
SunOS. These two hosts are connected in a local network. I've got one
dynamic ip-address from my provider (ppp-dialup).
How can I install ip-nat to have the sun having acess to the internet
when the Amiga does the dailin?

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

I've heard, there's a similar thing called ip/masquerading in linux...

        Bye Oliver

--

  //
  // Institut fuer Betriebssysteme und Rechnerverbund

IP-Nat on NetBSD Amiga

Post by Matthias Schel » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> How can I install ip-nat to have the sun having acess to the internet
> when the Amiga does the dailin?

The Amiga needs a kernel with "options GATEWAY" and "pseudo-device ipfilter"
enabled in the configuration file.

Quote:> Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

ipnat(5) describes how to configure IP NAT.

Quote:> I've got one dynamic ip-address from my provider (ppp-dialup).

In this case you should call "ipnat" in "/etc/ppp/ip-up" - see pppd(8) -
and "ipnat -F" in "/etc/ppp/ip-down".

--
Matthias Scheler                                http://home.owl.de/~tron/