Help with MacBSD booting

Post by Jonathan Urba » Fri, 29 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Hey all, I hate to be the stereotypical newbie, but I'm having problems
booting MacBSD on my SE/30 I don't have any weird cards in it, although I
did install a new Maxtor Harddrive. I boot a minimal System 7.1 with Mode32
and 32 bit addressing turned on. Here's what happens: Everything seems ok at
first, then the boot pauses on:

PRAM:0x3159380b, macos_boottime:0x315937fe

At which point, I simply hit return and the thing continues to boot, then
finally I end up in an infinite repeating loop of:

db>kernal:illegal instruction trap
caught exception in ddb

That goes on ad infinitum. Any advice for this newbie?

Jonathan

Help with MacBSD booting

Post by Jonathan Urba » Sat, 30 Mar 1996 04:00:00

: Hey all, I hate to be the stereotypical newbie, but I'm having problems
: booting MacBSD on my SE/30 I don't have any weird cards in it, although I
: did install a new Maxtor Harddrive. I boot a minimal System 7.1 with Mode32
: and 32 bit addressing turned on. Here's what happens: Everything seems ok at
: first, then the boot pauses on:

: PRAM:0x3159380b, macos_boottime:0x315937fe

: At which point, I simply hit return and the thing continues to boot, then
: finally I end up in an infinite repeating loop of:

Actually there's a little more to the message:

: db>kernal:illegal instruction trap
: caught exception in ddb
trap type=2, code=0, v=0

: That goes on ad infinitum. Any advice for this newbie?

: Jonathan

1. My Mac IIci won't boot MacBSD

I have been fiddling with MacBSD for time to time and this time I desided to
try and get it to run on my IIci

At the beginning the kernel could not be found. Now it finds the kernel, starts
checking everything and then it stops straight after it prompts you to choose a
shell

I am following the instructions to install MacBSD to the letter and have got
somewhere but I stop at the Shell request prompt

something of the lines of "Enter full path of shell or hit return for sh"

If I hit return, it stops
If I type in a path of a shell. f.e. /bin/sh or /bin/csh, a small fragment of a
line appears at the top of the screen which I can't read and the system is
frozen again.

Can anyone help me out?
Or point me to a mailing list (or both)

my System is as follows

Mac IIci 8MB/250+122HD
with ethernet card.

Thanks in advance
--
-- Neil

2. Accessing mixer device

3. Help!!!, trashed MacBSD

4. SUN Workshop C++ Compiler Error

5. MacBSD Help

6. program error/debug messages

7. MacBSD Help...

8. How to capture data from serial port and paste them into the keyboard buffer

9. MacBSD newbie--please help

10. Uanble to boot with LINUX boot disk - new user - help help help, PLEASE !!

11. MacBSD printing

12. MacBSD question