OpenOffice.org availability

Post by Joerg Klemen » Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:03:59

Howdy brothers,

I have grown to like OpenOffice.org, running on Windows. Hoping to be
able to use it on NetBSD I noted that the package collection only has
an ancient version as a native app, and the current version requires
Linux emu??

Is there a specific reason why there is no native Verson of OOo, and
is someone working on it?

TIA,
joerg

Post by Hubert Feyre » Sun, 27 Apr 2003 11:20:59

> Is there a specific reason why there is no native Verson of OOo,

That's because OOo uses a very braindead build system that is based on
proprietary, closed-source software.

  - Hubert

1. openOffice.org announces openOffice.org 1.0

"May 1, 2002 - The OpenOffice.org community today
announced the availability of OpenOffice.org 1.0,
the open source, multi-platform, multi-lingual office
productivity suite available as a free download at
the OpenOffice.org community website. OpenOffice.org
1.0 is the culmination of more than 18 months of
collaborative effort by members of the OpenOffice.org
community, which is comprised of Sun employees, volunteer
developers, marketers, and end users working to create
an international office suite that will run on all major
platforms."

http://www.openoffice.org/
(if it's not busy, that is)

--
+==================================
| M i c h a e l  J.  T o b l e r
| Authorship: "Inside Linux" ...
| "C++ Unleashed" ... "C++ How-To"
| Motocycling, Surfing, Skydiving
+==================================

2. mountd and ports (again)

3. Creating databases with OpenOffice.org and StarOffice

4. Erazor III extreme - RIVA TNT2 chip

5. connect timeout to openoffice.org

6. Stop FTP users from browsing computer.

7. OpenOffice.org vs Word

8. Limiting user resources?

9. "So What's this OpenOffice.org thing?"

10. OpenOffice.org came through again

11. OpenOffice.org sol x86 binaries out now

12. openoffice.org data source crash

13. Openoffice.org performance improvement?