Copy_Kernel Aggravation!

Post by psap » Sun, 25 Feb 1996 04:00:00

        I have a major headache on my hands. I am in the process of
installing NetBSD 1.1 on a 386 box. WHat disturbs me is that during the
installation process after the Big Question (do you want to install
NetBSD? yes/no) '/dev/fd0a filesystem not clean, run fsck(8)' appears.
Everything installs ok, but when I restart to go to the copy_kernel
procedure, I get fdc0 timeouts and reboot. I had used a number of
floppies and and packages from a number of sites (to minimize corruption
risk). No use. The system won't go to copy_kernel after installing the
file system on /dev/wd0a, it insists on rebooting.

System info:

PC Designs 386DX16 w/ 64KB cache
 AMI BIOS DAMI-3601-091589-K8
 5120 KB RAM
Conner CP30174E HDD c903 h8 s46
2x 1200 KB FDD
DTC 2880 IDE HDD FDD 2 serial 1 parallel 1 game host
Oak Technologies OTI-067 VGA

HELP!

1. Total Aggravation!! Where is my Disk Space???

Hello everyone I have bit of a problem here that keeps turning up, and I
have had enough of it so please help if you can. I am running a Solaris
7 on a intel PC with a 10gig hard drive. I am new to unix and solaris so
excuse my incompetence? I allowed solaris during the install to do the
self configuration (as I did not have a clue what to do) All I have
installed on the machine is gzip and netscape. I was trying to install
staroffice and when it went to create the /office directory which was
151mb it said that I did not have enough disk space??? I should have a
ton! Is there a way to see what I have and a way to claim back some of
my missing diskspace some how???? Thanks for the help!!!!!!!...Liam

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. sh weirdness

3. Aggravation updating ARC firmware on an Alpha Cabriolet

4. Jumpstart Question on Sol10

5. SCSI Programming Aggravation

6. How do I use ncurses.h in X?

7. test network aggravation

8. (t)csh if query

9. linux/sco/solaris install aggravations