Virtual Terminals in NetBSD?

Post by Ryan M Raffer » Sun, 21 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Is there any way to configure my new NetBSD 1.1 system to switch
virtual terminals ala Linux?  I have a ton of experience with Linux,
But I am a newbie to the BSD world.

Thanks,
Ryan Rafferty
--
"vi is my shepherd; i shall not font.  in the name of edlin, ex,
and the holy post.  :wq"

Post by Mark Will » Tue, 23 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: Is there any way to configure my new NetBSD 1.1 system to switch
: virtual terminals ala Linux?  I have a ton of experience with Linux,
: But I am a newbie to the BSD world.

use PCVT.  it's in the src/arch/i386/isa directory.

Mark

Post by Martin Ibe » Wed, 01 May 1996 04:00:00

:

: : Is there any way to configure my new NetBSD 1.1 system to switch
: : virtual terminals ala Linux?  I have a ton of experience with Linux,
: : But I am a newbie to the BSD world.
:
: use PCVT.  it's in the src/arch/i386/isa directory.

But it will work only for PC machines, right? Is there any general
solution (like, for Amigas ...)?
Dipl.-Inform. Martin Ibert, BB-DATA GmbH, Brunnenstra?e 111, D-13355 Berlin

Quote:>> Disclaimer: My views do not necessarily reflect those of my employer. <<

Virtual Terminals in NetBSD?

Post by Mark Will » Fri, 03 May 1996 04:00:00

: :

: : : Is there any way to configure my new NetBSD 1.1 system to switch
: : : virtual terminals ala Linux?  I have a ton of experience with Linux,
: : : But I am a newbie to the BSD world.
: :
: : use PCVT.  it's in the src/arch/i386/isa directory.

: But it will work only for PC machines, right? Is there any general
: solution (like, for Amigas ...)?

I don't know if console drivers with this capability exist for other
platforms.  (The original poster has i386, I assume, because was referring
to the Linux OS as reference.)

One of my personal favorite programs is "screen", which will allow multiple
terminal connections over one terminal device.  I highly reccommend that
you look into it!

Mark

1. netbsd virtual terminals

hi there,

i am having a problem with setting up my virtual terminals in NetBSD.
it simply tells me that the device is not configured when i boot up
having changed /etc/ttys.

attached is the standard /etc/ttys file.

1) are my changes to it correct
2) if yes,  how do i configure the ttyEx device range?

marc

2. I'm having troubles using Nautilus

3. virtual terminal vs. virtual frame buffer

4. Celeron vs. Cyrix

5. Terminal Emulators/ Virtual Terminals

6. farout require to -austria

7. How to disable all terminals and/or virtual terminals but one

8. Problem mounting SGI from Linux

9. Terminal Emulators/ Virtual Terminals

10. NetBSD 1.3.2 and Virtual PC

11. Virtual Hosting on NetBSD

12. Virtual FTP serving with NetBSD

13. NetBSD and Virtual PC