NetBSD on Apollo's

Post by Erik Mande » Thu, 27 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Hello.
        Has anybody got NetBSD (any version) running on Apollo model 4500
workstations? We've got one coming our way in a few days, and I would very
much like to run something other than DomainOS on it, because it is fitted with
32 Mb memory. The people we're getting it from would also like to know, since
it would also let THEM ditch DomainOS without looking for/buying HP-UX.

        --Arthur C. Clarke

NetBSD on Apollo's

Post by Jason R. Thor » Fri, 28 Apr 1995 04:00:00

>Hello.
>    Has anybody got NetBSD (any version) running on Apollo model 4500
>workstations? We've got one coming our way in a few days, and I would very
>much like to run something other than DomainOS on it, because it is fitted with
>32 Mb memory. The people we're getting it from would also like to know, since
>it would also let THEM ditch DomainOS without looking for/buying HP-UX.

There's a couple of folks working on it, but it's still very much
`work-in-progress'.

--

NASA Ames Research Center                               Home: 408.866.1912
NAS: M/S 258-6                                          Work: 415.604.0935

NetBSD on Apollo's

Post by Rick Bart » Sat, 29 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: >Hello.
: >  Has anybody got NetBSD (any version) running on Apollo model 4500
: >workstations? We've got one coming our way in a few days, and I would very
: >much like to run something other than DomainOS on it, because it is fitted with
: >32 Mb memory. The people we're getting it from would also like to know, since
: >it would also let THEM ditch DomainOS without looking for/buying HP-UX.

: There's a couple of folks working on it, but it's still very much
: `work-in-progress'.

Are these the same people that are working on the MVME147 board port?  How's it
going, by the way...?  Does the Apollo run on VME?

rick
--

    o________________________|________________________o
                          \/ o \/
 any landing you can walk  \___/  away from is a good one

1. Installing NetBSD on my Apollo Workstation

II'm trying to install NetBSD in my Apollo 433s workstation to
replace my brain dead HP-UX 8.0 but the installation process has me stumped.
I have read the installation procedure about installing SYS_INST by running
rbootd and then installing the miniroot from an NSF server but there must be
an easier way to go about doing this.  I don't have an NSF server so this
installation technique won't work for me.  Why can't NetBSD be installed
directly from CD like HP-UX?  No doubt BSD is a far better OS than my
present HP-UX but its about time the installation of NetBSD be made more
user friendly.  Perhaps I can't expect too much since it's a free software.

Julius

2. How do I run a X-application from a remote host?

3. Newbie Problem in Installing netBSD on Apollo 433S

4. Turn a linux partition space into a windows FAT32 partition

5. NetBSD + Apollo 040?

6. mlvwm

7. Apollo release of NetBSD ?

8. mini how-to: Connecting linux to a cable network.

9. Can't login to HP Apollo 400

10. NetBSD Boot Problem - 'Read error'

11. ACPI power-off doesn't work on Asus CUV4X (VIA Apollo 133)

12. NetBSD Boot Problem - 'Read error'

13. Apollo|Sun|HP won't mount Linux?