Ring Buffer Overrun in NetBSD 1.3.1 Amiga

Ring Buffer Overrun in NetBSD 1.3.1 Amiga

Post by Christophe Prevotau » Wed, 06 May 1998 04:00:00

I get often Ring Buffer Overrun
I am using an AMIGA 4000 + WARP ENGINE 040 40 + Hydra Ethernet Card
does anyone knows how to fix this ?

I have been getting these since version 1.2 of NetBSD Amiga thru to 1.3.1

Post by Manuel Bouy » Wed, 06 May 1998 04:00:00

> I get often Ring Buffer Overrun
> I am using an AMIGA 4000 + WARP ENGINE 040 40 + Hydra Ethernet Card
> does anyone knows how to fix this ?

> I have been getting these since version 1.2 of NetBSD Amiga thru to 1.3.1

This means that your board doesn't have enouth memory to store the
packet it just received, and thus te packet is lost. This is not really
a problem.
The fix to this is usually to get a faster CPU.

Ring Buffer Overrun in NetBSD 1.3.1 Amiga

Post by Christophe Prevotau » Wed, 06 May 1998 04:00:00

I have a 040 40mhz that should be more than enough

>> I get often Ring Buffer Overrun
>> I am using an AMIGA 4000 + WARP ENGINE 040 40 + Hydra Ethernet Card
>> does anyone knows how to fix this ?

>> I have been getting these since version 1.2 of NetBSD Amiga thru to 1.3.1

>This means that your board doesn't have enouth memory to store the
>packet it just received, and thus te packet is lost. This is not really
>a problem.
>The fix to this is usually to get a faster CPU.

>--

>--

1. Amiga Hydra-Ethernet produces ring-buffer overruns

Hi all!

My HydraEthernet-Card always produces ring-buffer-overruns or anything
like that in the xconsole or console, when there's high traffic.

Is there any solution to avoid this effect?

My config: A4000/040, CV 64, 24MB FastRam, Hydra-Ethernet-Board,
Fastlane Z3, NetBSD 1.3.1

        Bye Oliver

--

  //
  // Institut fuer Betriebssysteme und Rechnerverbund

2. Xconfig

3. receiver ring buffer overrun?

4. Linux and 3Com905-TX NICs

5. warning - receiver ring buffer overrun. ne4 fried?

6. UNIX Accounting Software

7. Receiver ring buffer overrun

8. HELP WITH CONFIGURING X-WINDOWS

9. Network problem: receiver ring buffer overrun

10. network problems -- ring overrun...

11. Network problem -- ring overrun...

12. NetBSD/mak68k: problems with serial overruns, X console

13. Buffer Overrun