MacBSD newbie--please help

Post by chris » Tue, 24 Jun 1997 04:00:00

This probably has a simple answer, but I'm trying to learn UN*X

I have macBSD working on my mac, but whenever I try to create a file, the
computer tells me that "this is a read-only filesystem."  How can I change
this?

Thanks in advance,
chris mcgraw

MacBSD newbie--please help

Post by Amitai Schla » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Sounds like you booted into single-user mode. Type ^D to exit the
single-user shell and boot multi-user. Then you should be OK.

Have a look at the FAQs on <http://www.netbsd.org/> and
<http://www.macbsd.com/> -- they really are very good.

--
Amitai Schlair

--

1. Please, please, please help a newbie.

Hello Folks,

I recntly installed Solaris 7 from a CDrom drive on my computer, but
when I run Solaris I cant find the CD. I need this to install
Answerbook, and install my printer. Neither work yet. I want to
correct this so i don't need to keep bothering all you nice people in
this n/g.
Any help gratefully received.
Thanks
Peter

p.s. be gentle, i an both a nebie and an oldie.

2. How do I tell a 1.44 MB diskette drive from a 2.88 MB ?

3. newbie questions: TIN, etc on MacBSD?

4. remote print from linux to router to internet to router to W98 machine, possible? network layout help needed.

5. newbie question please please help

6. free pop3 mail server ?

7. Newbie, Newbie, Newbie... Please be patient with me

8. pppd problem

9. PLEASE PLEASE HELP Major problem with my SCSI & Redhat 5.0 PLEASE Help

11. NFS please help me please please please sniff

12. Newbie : Need help with xf86config - PLEASE HELP

13. Help!! Please help a newbie