Gateway Handbook speaker screech?

Post by Jim Re » Wed, 13 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I'm running Netbsd 1.1 on my Gateway Handbook 486, and it makes this
horrible buzzing or screeching noise in the speaker.  Anyone got a fix?

The "mouse" didn't work, but I got a fix for that.

1. Gateway Handbook 486 Installation?

I recently purchased a refurbished Gateway Handbook 486 with 20MB RAM
and a 250MB HD.  I'd like to install Linux on this machine.  Are
there any issues I should be aware of?

Also, what is the best way to proceed?  The machine has a PCMCIA slot,
so I can presumably put an ethernet card in there and have the installation
files mounted via NFS.  Will the various install kernels give me PCMCIA
ethernet support on the get go?

Thanks for your help.

2. How to get network traffic and collision in program

3. Linux on a Gateway Handbook 486?

4. OpenWindows Hangs upon startup

5. any gateway handbook users

6. Suggestion of Linux kernel release 2.0.xx Release Notes

7. Gateway Handbook 486

8. cyrus-sasl installation help

9. Gateway Handbook 486 & Linux?

10. Buzz sound on Gateway Handbook/Slackware 2.0

11. The Great gateway Train or how to gateway behind the gateway

12. RealAudio screech?

13. pcsnd driver and weird screeching noises