Post by Bill Swing » Sat, 08 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Announcing the August 1998 meeting of The Tucson Free Unix Group!

The next TFUG meeting is this upcoming Sunday, June 9th. It will run
from 6:00 to ~8:00 at Tucson Newspapers. Please see our website
(www.tfug.org) for directions and more info.

We will have two different speakers share with us this meeting.
The first is Bowie Poag. Bowie is the head of the official GNOME Style
Guide project.  He is collaborating with several other people to take
the input of the user community and translate it into a style guide
that the GNOME programmers can follow. He will tell us all about the
GNOME project, the Style Guide project and why GNOME is such an
exciting project!

The second speaker is Harry McGregor. He has spent several years with
hardware as his passion. He can tell you what kind of processor is in
your box just by feeling how hot it's running! (jk) Harry will be
telling us about the different kinds of hardware that he has dealt with,
what he has found to work the best under free unix and telling us about
some * hardware that he has had success with.

Also, we'll spend some time talking about the direction that TFUG is
going and what the rest of the group wants to do. If you have ideas
about the kinds of things that you'd like to see happen in the future
please plan on attending this meeting.

Of course we will have the usual pizza and soda so bring ~$5 if you want
to join in on that.  Hope to see you there!

-Bill Swingle

---------------------

Co-Founder, TFUG
---------------------

[...]

some exotic hardware that he has had success with.

Also, we'll spend some time talking about the direction that TFUG is
going and what the rest of the group wants to do. If you have ideas
about the kinds of things that you'd like to see happen in the future
please plan on attending this meeting.

Of course we will have the usual pizza and soda so bring ~$5 if you want
to join in on that.  Hope to see you there!

-Bill Swingle

Co-Founder, TFUG

2. can't launch filemgr

3. Redirect UDP Ports in redhat 5.1?

4. Broadcasts not allowed???

5. NYC LOCAL: Wednesday 9 August 2000: GNU/Linux/Free OS Beginners Group Meeting

6. Installing Solaris 8