NetBSD and PnP Ethernet Cards

Post by Ben Howar » Sun, 27 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Dear Sirs,

I am currently running FreeBSD 2.2.6, and it doesn't support PnP
Ethernet cards. I am wondering if NetBSD supports PnP Ethernet cards.
Mainly the SOHOware 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter and the SMC EZ Card 10
(1660BT). If it does, you may have a convert on your hands.

--
"Try not.  Do.  Or do not.  There is no try."    -Yoda
"I'd rather kiss a wookiee"     - Leia

NetBSD and PnP Ethernet Cards

Post by Christoph Badu » Tue, 29 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I am wondering if NetBSD supports PnP Ethernet cards.
>Mainly the SOHOware 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter and the SMC EZ Card 10
>(1660BT). If it does, you may have a convert on your hands.

Yes, NetBSD supports various PnP Ethernet cards.  Why don't you try the
boot floppy from 1.3.3 or the latest snapshot and see if the cards are
recognised and work?  If the cards aren't recognised but are similar to
supported ones, we could make the go pretty easily.

--
Christoph Badura
Verlag O'Reilly

1. PnP Ethernet Card-- Try NetBSD

Gentleman and ladies,

I had been having trouble with a PnP Ethernet card, and FreeBSD not
recognizing it. If you need to get an OS that is sure to work, try
NetBSD

--
"Try not.  Do.  Or do not.  There is no try."    -Yoda
"I'd rather kiss a wookiee"     - Leia
"I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really
   believe what you just said"         - William Buckley, Jr.

2. relative adressen bei jmp mit as?

3. Problem w/ legacy ethernet card & PNP modem card

4. More grief with Redhat 5.2 installation

5. PnP cards in netbsd i386?

6. 680x0 Linux progress?

7. Availability of *non* PnP ethernet card

8. [2.5] don't let's concatenate with __FUNCTION__

9. Disable PnP support in 3c90x PCI Ethernet Card

10. Problems with ISA PNP Ethernet card

11. SOLVED - Crashes with PnP ethernet and SCSI cards.

12. AOpen ISA PnP ethernet card.

13. Problems with NetBSD and Hydra Ethernet Card