NETBSD 1.1 sparc on Sun IPX

Post by Mr G.D. Tys » Sat, 23 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I installed the NetBSD 1.1 system on a Sun Sparc IPX with 424MB disk and
the usual Sun peripherals. Installation was fine and the system works o.k.
apart form thousands of messages:

dma0: errorempty FIFI of 16
dma0: erroremtpy FIFO of 1

These flood the console and /var/log/messages and generally slow down the
system.

Anyone else seen this problem ? I am using the distributed kernel and have
not yet had time to load the source tree and complie a custom kernel.

Dave

NETBSD 1.1 sparc on Sun IPX

Post by Peter Svenss » Sun, 24 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I installed the NetBSD 1.1 system on a Sun Sparc IPX with 424MB disk and
>the usual Sun peripherals. Installation was fine and the system works o.k.
>apart form thousands of messages:

>dma0: errorempty FIFI of 16
>dma0: erroremtpy FIFO of 1

>These flood the console and /var/log/messages and generally slow down the
>system.

>Anyone else seen this problem ? I am using the distributed kernel and have
>not yet had time to load the source tree and complie a custom kernel.

We have the same problem with a Sun ELC, only the kernel hangs after a
few writes. The disks work just fine when attached to a SparcStation 1.

SLCs, ELCs and IPXs seem to suffer from this problem from what I have
seen. If anybody is working on this problem I'd like to help in whatever
way I can. Unfortunatly I don't know enough of the kernel internals to
find the error myself.

Peter

1. Problem with Sun (Archive) Tape Drive on NetBSD 1.1/Sparc

I can't seem to get the tape drive on my Sparc SLC to work with NetBSD
v1.1/Sparc.  I know the drive is okay because I can boot the SunOS
miniroot and use the tape drive from there just fine.  It is set up as
SCSI ID 4, and is on the same SCSI bus as the disk, which works fine, so
I don't think its a termination problem.

When I try to use mt or tar I get error messages about 'Invalid command'
or something about the mode.

Anybody know whats going on and what I need to do to use the tape drive
under NetBSD v1.1/Sparc?

-Andy

2. java compiler

3. SPARC assembler for NetBSD/sparc 1.1 0/10

4. Browser for x86 Solaris???

5. NetBSD 1.5.2 on Sun IPX SPARC

6. Fvwm95/xconsole -C

7. Mosaic for NetBSD 1.1 on Sparc ???

8. web base mail

9. NetBSD/sparc 1.1 port of lcc-3.5 ANSI C compiler 0 of 1

10. ListProc 6.0c & NetBSD 1.1/sparc

11. Floppy on Sparc NetBSD 1.1

12. Debian Linux for SUN IPX Sparc mouse problem

13. Redhat 5.2 on Sun Sparc IPX