netbsd/sparc firewall

Post by Anthony Watter » Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:46:45

I have a Sparc 5/170 with built in ethernet (lme0) and an additional
ethernet card (hme0) , 4GB scsi HD , 256MB of ram , Running NetBSD 1.6.1
,KDE 3.1.2

I would like to set this up as a firewall on my network

I found the NetBSD i386 firewall project page , but is there a version of
firewall software available for sparc?

or a third party (free) firewall software available for for NetBSD/sparc?

anyone ?

netbsd/sparc firewall

Post by nolb » Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:03:21

> I have a Sparc 5/170 with built in ethernet (lme0) and an additional
> ethernet card (hme0) , 4GB scsi HD , 256MB of ram , Running NetBSD 1.6.1
> ,KDE 3.1.2

> I would like to set this up as a firewall on my network

> I found the NetBSD i386 firewall project page , but is there a version of
> firewall software available for sparc?

> or a third party (free) firewall software available for for NetBSD/sparc?

> anyone ?

I think the on-board interface is le0; does hme interface work
on sun4m ?
Please check out www.unixcircle.com; there are NetBSD firewall
instructions.

netbsd/sparc firewall

Post by Karsten Krus » Wed, 30 Jul 2003 04:03:44

> I found the NetBSD i386 firewall project page , but is there a version of
> firewall software available for sparc?

AFAIK not in this form.

Quote:> or a third party (free) firewall software available for for NetBSD/sparc?

NetBSD ships with ipf wich is a packetfilter, or the part most ppl think
of if they say "firewall".

Together with natd and altqd you can setup a fine firewall (packetfilter,
network adress translation and bandwidth management) without installing
thirdparty software.

Karsten

--
        Homepage, Mac68k, A/UX-Links und Shorties: www.tecneeq.de
  ()    Linux/NetBSD-Anleitungen, Forum  und Chat: www.newbie-net.de

netbsd/sparc firewall

Post by TheMg » Wed, 30 Jul 2003 05:31:42

> Together with natd and altqd you can setup a fine firewall (packetfilter,
> network adress translation and bandwidth management) without installing
> thirdparty software.

AFAIK altq doesn't work on netbsd-sparc yet.
--
 TheMgt

1. NetBSD sparc as a firewall?

I have heard that NetBSD sparc has become quite a bit better since my
last experiences with it. I am now looking into setting up firewalls for
a number of companies and am looking for a relatively inexpensive way to
do so.

Me and my coleague are looking into using sparc 1's with NetBSD and using
Firewall Toolkit.

What is the feasability of this?

Thanks.

2. Linear Frame Buffer

3. Moving disks between NetBSD/sparc and OpenBSD/sparc?

4. OSR5 INST HELP

5. (Possibly dumb) Q: Move disks from OpenBSD-2.3/sparc to NetBSD-1.5/sparc ?

6. SoundBlaster question?

7. SPARC assembler for NetBSD/sparc 1.1 0/10

8. Bulk E-Mail Program

9. Which firewall?: NetBSD/i386 vs Sygate Personal Firewall 5.0

10. Java DK for sparc Netbsd? Netscape for Sparc Netbsd

11. Sparc/NetBSD: Switching to serial console when you *really* have to!

12. Sparc NetBSD running Mozilla

13. getting bash to run on netbsd 161/sparc