Help! NetBSD crash on Mac IIci

Post by Brian Wheel » Tue, 10 Oct 1995 04:00:00

The system will boot up in both single- and multi- user mode but after
about a minute or so the machine will just lock up.  Any thoughts?  Please
mail as I don't read this group very often.  Thanks!
        Brian Wheeler

Help! NetBSD crash on Mac IIci

Post by Hubert Figuie » Wed, 11 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>The system will boot up in both single- and multi- user mode but after
>about a minute or so the machine will just lock up.  Any thoughts?  Please
>mail as I don't read this group very often.  Thanks!

Do you use dt (virtual terminals). This fix ADB Hangs problems...

Hope that helps

Hub

       Hubert Figuiere - Student at Ecole de Gestion de l'INT, Evry, France

                                         Mac ativist - to Be or not to Be ?

1. Mac IIci - NetBSD 1.1 success and problems

I installed 4 4meg simms bringing my machine to 20meg total and happily I have
yet to have had any problems. I was even able to compile the entire GENERIC
kernel that is the same size as the default one that comes with netbsd1.1.
My machine also works now with 256 colors. It hasn't crashed yet. I even
compiled gcc 2.7.2 which took about 7 hours, but it too appears to have
worked successfully. perl5.001 didn't work however. Make got in some
infinite loop it seemed to be running make depend over and over again.

I guess that might be the only way to get netbsd to work on a mac IIci
as it stands ( unless one tries a internal video card ). You should
be able to get 16meg for about $380 maybe even $300 soon. goodluck.

If anyone knows how to successfully make a ppp connection in netbsd I would
love to hear about it.
I tried:
/usr/sbin/pppd connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v "" ATDT5551212 CONNECT "" ogin:
<username> word: <password> /dev/cua0 2400 debug crtscts defaultroute
<ipnumber>:

then
route add default <ipnumber>

Obviously the /dev/cua0 is wrong, I don't know what the device for the
serial/printer
ports are? I don't even see anything in /dev so I don't even know if it's even
been setup.

thanks in advance,
jcarr

ps: incase you don't know how to compile a kernel there is info on that
at the netbsd website

2. Administrators needed in NYC

3. installing netbsd on a IIci mac68k

4. FTP client with bandwith limitation?

5. mac system crashes setting up NetBSD/m68k

6. New (?) Jargon Seen In The Wild

7. Installing OpenBSD on Mac IIci?!

8. host network name

9. Mac IIci