Xterm BugFix: XTerm doesn't "eightBitInput" unter NetBSD

Xterm BugFix: XTerm doesn't "eightBitInput" unter NetBSD

Post by Peter Mu » Wed, 08 Mar 1995 15:37:48

XTerm is in no way able to start up eight-bit-clean by default under
NetBSD and dishonors the  eightBitInput  resource.

Entering "stty -parenb cs8 -istrip" or something thelike will help,
but is annoying all the time.

Changing the defaults in /usr/include/sys/ttydefaults.h to "CS8" (etc.pp.)
and recompiling the kernel and Xterm does not help! (Instead it will
make "telnet localhost" start up in binary mode, and then, if in cbreak
mode, the Enter key isn't handled properly by the trn newsreader. Ok,
telnet somewhere is defined to run 7bit by default...)

To get to the point, what does help, is removing the bug from the XTerm
source.

In the file main.c, one should change the following code:
---------------------------------------
#ifdef sony
        if (screen->input_eight_bits)
                lmode |= LPASS8;
        else
                lmode &= ~(LPASS8);
        jmode &= ~KM_KANJI;
#endif /* sony */
---------------------------------------
into:
---------------------------------------
        if (screen->input_eight_bits)
                lmode |= LPASS8;
        else
                lmode &= ~(LPASS8);
#ifdef sony
        jmode &= ~KM_KANJI;
#endif /* sony */
---------------------------------------
--
 Write to:  Peter Much * Koelnische Str. 22 * D-34117 Kassel * +49-561-774961

1. "xterm -fa courier" doesn't work under XFree 4.0.2

Hello,

I got the source for XFree86-4.0.2-6mdk.src.rpm, made sure that
        "#define FreeType2 /usr"
was set in the "config/cf/host.def" file and succesfully recompile X.
I installed it but when I tried to use xterm with the anti-aliased fonts
with the command:
        "xterm -fa courier"
I get the error message: (or somthing like this)
        "extension "RENDER" no availble on display :0.0"
What am I doing wrong?
I read in the newsgroups and dejanews that the anti-aliased fonts were
disable by default in X and I just needed to get the source, set the
#define as above and recompile; but it doesn't seem to work for me?

Any ideas?

FYI I'm using mandrake 7.2 and upgraded to XFree86-4.0.2 from the src
above + freetype2 and freetype2-devel.

Thanks for your help.
--
Serge.

2. Dual Homed Firewall

3. How do I autoset "TERM=xterm" for xterms?

4. UMSDOS Install problems

5. xterm terminates, silently: "xterm -e tip somewhere"

6. Q:X display Lag

7. how to use "last" to show "xterm" info?

8. new slattach or equiv utility

9. Run C shell with "rlogin" and/or "xterm" commands

10. Incorrect key "translation" behavior for "xterm"

11. How to set the icon image of "dtterm"/"xterm" ?

12. "emacs" in xterm yields "BadAtom" msg. Huh?

13. Why doesn't echo "text" 'command' "more text" work?