Video problem with Mac IIcx and NetBSD Mac68K v1.1

Video problem with Mac IIcx and NetBSD Mac68K v1.1

Post by Langdon Stevenso » Mon, 06 May 1996 04:00:00

I have a question regarding a first time install of NetBSD Mac68K
that I thought this group may be able to help me with, or at least
refer me to someone can.

The problem:
  I have partitioned the hard drive on a Mac IIcx and followed the
install procedures for NetBSD Mac68K v1.1, I attempted to boot it up
(using booter 1.8), it gets through the initial stages and the
screen switches out of the booter window, to, I assume the NetBSD
shell.  It then continues the booting process.  It displays about
3/4 of a screen of info then the screen becomes a mass of random
lines.  It looks a lot like a video card "sync" problem.  However I
really can't say.
The hardware is:

        Mac IIcx
        8mb Ram
        Standard Apple MacII video card
        Apple 13" monitor

Any sugestions? - Please reply directly to me if you could

Thanks for your time
Langdon

1. OpenBSD 2.4 mac68k Mac IIcx Ethernet Problem

Greetings,

I just installed OBSD 2.4 mac58k on my Mac IIcx with Asante NuBus 10BaseT
ethernet card.  Everything is just fine and dandy when booting up.  It sees
the card, supports ae0, brings up my routes and interfaces and I can ping
it's own IP address.  But, when I try to connect to anything over the
network, I get:

ae0: Device timed out
Last message repeated 25 times
Last message repeated 15 times
etc.

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck troubleshooting timeout errors.
Thanks...

/Sean/

2. Windows's con file equilavent in Unix?

3. Problem: Mac IIcx/NetBSD hangs

4. XF86 3.3.1 & S3 Virge GX2

5. netbsd on mac IIcx

6. bsh & ksh running setuid

7. Problems with video card and NetBSD/mac68k

8. pppd problem in RedHat 4.2

9. NetBSD mac68k for Mac Color Classic?

10. Boot NetBSD/mac68k on a Mac LC?

11. Mac IIcx video prob????