Sendmail on a listening on a Port other than 25

Post by Cyrille Lefevr » Sun, 06 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> Can anyone point me to some documentation on how to run sendmail so
> that it listens on another port other than port 25.  Preferable I want
> it to listen on port 25 and another port.  Is this possible?

the
                                SENDMAILTM
                     INSTALLATION AND OPERATION GUIDE
says
   DaemonPortOptions=options
          [O] Set server SMTP options. The options are key=value pairs.
          Known keys are:

                Port Name/number of listening port (defaults to "smtp")
                Addr Address mask (defaults INADDR_ANY)
                Family Address family (defaults to INET)
                Listen Size of listen queue (defaults to 10)
                SndBufSize Size of TCP send buffer
                RcvBufSize Size of TCP receive buffer

          The Address mask may be a numeric address in dot notation or a
          network name.
so, try

O DaemonPortOptions=Port=whatever

in your /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.

Cyrille.
--

1. Postfix listening on a different port than 25

Hello,

I would like to set up Postfix so that it could listen on a different
port than default 25, say 2525.
The reason for this is because I'm currently switching from a different
MTA to Postfix, and would like to test if everything works fine before I
finally deploy it.

-- T.

2. file permissions.

3. apache listen to port 80, another standalone apache+modssl listen port 443, not working..?!

4. Help with 43P-140 !!

5. Sendmail service port 25 can't be connected

6. Interesting fs corruption story

7. Sendmail & port 25 help !!!

8. NEC CD-ROMs and the latest Adaptec driver

9. sendmail not accepting connections on port 25?

10. Sendmail: accepting connect on port 25

11. Sendmail on a port other than 25.

12. sendmail port 25

13. sendmail security issues on port 25 ?