DNS COnfig

Post by Steve Wrigh » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 06:02:28

Hey Guys,

having some major issues understanding how to config a new value into a DNS
Server, so any help is much appreciated.

My aim is to map the host name http://yearbook to the IP Address
192.168.2.232.
This is for an internal network.

I know that i have to add the following zone (or something similar to the
following zone) to the named.conf file:
zome "2.168.192.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "192.168.2.232";
    }

However, i am struggling to find the format for the file 192.168.2.232 for
internal DNS. I have found multiple versions for external, but none for
internal.

Any help much appreciated,

Kind Regards,
Steve Wright

1. DNS Config For SCO Workstation

I feel a bit stupid asking this, but I have had problems running up the
on-line help docs and figure that this might be a quick way of getting an
answer.

Basically I need to know how to tell SCO where my DNS server is. In Linux I
have configured this very easily through the Xadmin interface, but ScoAdmin
doesn't do the same sort of thing. I have got my PC working on the network
with no problems, but I can only go to places that I have the specific IP
address for.

Help appreciated.

Ed Wenn

=====================

2. Jserv Configuration

3. dns config

4. AHA2940U2W works fine, had 120 bogus HDs

5. DNS config problem (Sol 2.6)

6. Group rights problem

7. Apache and DNS config?

8. Setting MAN and MANPATH

9. Solaris 9 DNS Config

10. DNS Config - Redhat 6.2 version 2.2.14-5.0.14

11. dns config on redhat 5.2

12. Dynamic DNS Config with Sendmail

13. DNS config. - 4.2 calls gateway all the time