MacBSD on Performa400 / LC II

Post by Benoit Bout » Wed, 09 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I'd like some help about installing MacBSD. I read the FAQ and the
mailing list archives but nothing could help.

I downloaded MacBSD1.2 yesterday and I spent my night in front of my
computer trying to configure this silly thing ! :-)
I've got a Performa 400, standard keyboard and mouse, external SCSI hard
disk, standard 13" screen, (+CD ROM, ethernet card, but this doesn't
matter for the moment). No FPU.
I succesfully installed different packages including base12 and netbsd12
on my A/UX partition and tried to boot NetBSD using the booter. during
the boot, everything seems to be OK (I've got copyright notice, memory
analysis, ...) until it checks the adb devices. I've got messages about
it and then it freezes and I can do anything else with it.
Right, I guess there may be something wrong with ADB on the LCII series.
I checked the FAQ, read mailing-list archive and looked at things about
new ADBtest kernels. But I see nothing about my problem.

I'd like to know if someone managed to boot MacBSD with the standard
kernel and, if not, what kernel was used. In that case, could you tell
me where I can find it, NetBSD seems so exciting that I cannot wait ;-)

Thanks,

Ben

PS: BTW, do I need MODE 32 on my Mac ?
--

      ENST  : Conception et Architecture des Systemes Informatiques
      INRIA : Stagiaire, Direction du Developpement

MacBSD on Performa400 / LC II

Post by Seltzer » Thu, 10 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Well, don't know if this helps but On my IIci  computer i accitently
formated it for A/UX 3.0 and you MUST format it for 2.0  otherwise it will
not work.

--Mark Seltzer

> I downloaded MacBSD1.2 yesterday and I spent my night in front of my
> computer trying to configure this silly thing ! :-)
> I've got a Performa 400, standard keyboard and mouse, external SCSI hard
> disk, standard 13" screen, (+CD ROM, ethernet card, but this doesn't
> matter for the moment). No FPU.
> I succesfully installed different packages including base12 and netbsd12
> on my A/UX partition and tried to boot NetBSD using the booter. during
> the boot, everything seems to be OK (I've got copyright notice, memory
> analysis, ...) until it checks the adb devices. I've got messages about
> it and then it freezes and I can do anything else with it.
> Right, I guess there may be something wrong with ADB on the LCII series.
> I checked the FAQ, read mailing-list archive and looked at things about
> new ADBtest kernels. But I see nothing about my problem.

> I'd like to know if someone managed to boot MacBSD with the standard
> kernel and, if not, what kernel was used. In that case, could you tell
> me where I can find it, NetBSD seems so exciting that I cannot wait ;-)

> Thanks,

> Ben

> PS: BTW, do I need MODE 32 on my Mac ?
> --

>       ENST  : Conception et Architecture des Systemes Informatiques
>       INRIA : Stagiaire, Direction du Developpement

1. "cd -L /usr/adm ; lc .." == "lc /var" ??

I know how to use symbolic links, and the "-L" and "-P" options of the
"cd" and "pwd" commands.

If I do : "cd -L /usr/adm ; lc ..", I expect to see the same result than
"lc /usr", but what I get is "lc /var".

Ive tried with "sh -L", and I get the same result.If seems that the
"-L" option only affects
the "cd" and "pwd" commands, but "lc" or any other command always
follows the phisical path.

Is there any way for forcing all commands to follow the logical path ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Virtual Pop3 user help!

3. Linux on an old Mac SE (or LC II)

4. <HELP> X not recognizing 800x600

5. NetBSD on LC II

6. problem exporting file systems

7. HP LC II Server and NETRaid

8. Redhat freely distributed?

9. Mac LC II , netbsd and serial communications

10. Fedora Core II Test II with SuperMicro P4SCI Motherboard using RAID?

11. [2.5 patch] K6-II/K6-II: enable X86_USE_3DNOW

12. Need XF86Config for ATI 3D Rage II or II+ please

13. Redhat6.1: 3c503 Etherlink II/16TP & Linksys PCI LAN CARD II cannot load