MacBSD/Localtalk

Post by Androo Spence » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I posted a question a few days ago regarding localtalk and MacBSD... is
there any way to get my MacIIci <running system 7.5.3 with Open
Transport> to network to my MacIIsi running NetBSD GENERIC #52 thru an
appletalk cable... can I give the MacIIci it's own IP address since the
IIsi is on the net thru BSDdip... if anyone can help me, my e-mail

thank you!
-Androo

MacBSD/Localtalk

Post by Brad Sal » Fri, 19 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> I posted a question a few days ago regarding localtalk and MacBSD... is
> there any way to get my MacIIci <running system 7.5.3 with Open
> Transport> to network to my MacIIsi running NetBSD GENERIC #52 thru an
> appletalk cable... can I give the MacIIci it's own IP address since the
> IIsi is on the net thru BSDdip... if anyone can help me, my e-mail

> thank you!
> -Androo

You might be able to do this with a serial connection,  I don't think you
can do it with localtalk, but it is -easy- with ethernet.

Brad

--
Stephen B. "Brad" Salai           Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights
Cumpston & Shaw

Rochester, NY 14526                (716) 325-5553

1. MacBSD printing

I have installed MacBSD 1.0 and it is running fine. I would like to be able to
print to my HP Deskwriter which does not have appletalk. Is this possible? Can
someone tell me how to set it up on the printer port of a Mac IIci. Thanks.

Tim B.

2. http-server for Unisys 386 System V r3

3. MacBSD question

4. fd passing and stdin/stdout

5. MacBSD on Performa400 / LC II

6. Learn Networking protocol implementation in Linux kernel

7. macBSD

8. Software to implement ACL's under Solaris 2.x?

9. SLIP with MacBSD ?

10. MacBSD X11R6 distribution

11. Mounting msdos 3gig SCSI on MacBSD 1.1

12. Trouble installing macBSD

13. 68040 MacBSD?