HELP NetBSD 1.1 first installed

Post by Oliver Hartma » Sun, 09 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hello Gurus out there.
I have installed NetBSD 1.1  the first time on a Pentium system,
all things are running well. The only problem is: The binaries I
gathered seem to lack in some add-ons! Where is the administrative
adduser command? There are other missed commands!

If there is somebody out in the world who has any glue, hint or tip
please email me! If you've any good BSD sites in mind, please
email me.

Best wishes and thanks a lot in advance
Oliver Hartmann

Gemaess Paragraph 28 Abs. 3 BDSG untersage ich Ihnen
hiermit die Nutzung oder Uebermittlung der ueber mich
gespeicherten Daten fuer Zwecke der Werbung oder der
Markt- oder Meinungsforschung!

Oliver Hartmann

HELP NetBSD 1.1 first installed

Post by Michael Loren » Sat, 15 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi !

Quote:> I have installed NetBSD 1.1  the first time on a Pentium system,
> all things are running well. The only problem is: The binaries I
> gathered seem to lack in some add-ons! Where is the administrative
> adduser command? There are other missed commands!

I think you don't need an adduser anymore, try vipw and put your
favorite text editor in the EDITOR anvironment variable before.

bye
MichaeL

1. netbsd 1.1 i386 install help needed

I'm trying to install netbsd on a 486-66 w/20meg RAM,
405mb IDE drive, and 3com net card.

I've partitioned the disk as a single BSD partition,
using linux's fdisk utility.

I can get through the initial "install" program
from a boot disk, which appears to newfs the partition.
However, from then on, when I try to reboot from the
kernel copy floppy, the following message is quickly
flashed on the screen:

        dumping to dev 201 offset 0
        dump area unavailable
        rebooting

And then the machine reboots.  Anyone know what
the problem might be?

                -- Bruce

p.s. please answer in email; I will summarize to
the group.

2. xbtoa binary e-mail

3. Problems with Install floppies for NetBSD 1.1

4. X11 and X86 2.1

5. Problems installing NetBSD 1.1

6. Sparc CAS instruction example

7. NetBSD Amiga 1.1 Install Problems

8. ide partition failure -> no boot

9. Problem Installing XFree86 on Intel based NetBSD 1.1

10. HELP: compiling xarchie under netbsd 1.1

11. help:sound under 1.1 + how much memory does NetBSD really use?

12. Help: NetBSD 1.1 finding NCR 53c810 twice!

13. help needed: serial port overflows under NetBSD 1.1