How best is the QoS ..In NetBSD

Post by Nagasrinivas Vutukur » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 13:56:21

HI,
        Like in Linux Kernels, QOS, NetFilter is integrated with NetBSD
code. How best is it?
        And also all routing algorithms ( MPLS,OSPF,BGP4..) are integrated
with the NetBSD..?  I think, gated pack serves the purpose..am i right.

Could any one give clear and good documentation, for comparing with
Linux kernel features..So that i can able to think, is it best for porting
to my Hardware or to take Linux as my choice..

thanks,
srinivas.
http://nagasrinivasv.reach.at

--
Posted from  [196.12.36.78]

How best is the QoS ..In NetBSD

Post by jp » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 22:35:29

Quote:> Could any one give clear and good documentation, for comparing with
> Linux kernel features..

www.netbsd.org

Quote:> So that i can able to think, is it best for porting
> to my Hardware or to take Linux as my choice..

Take linux. Now be off, shoo shoo.

How best is the QoS ..In NetBSD

Post by JOHN BOWER » Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:24:33

heh...
people like that should be forced to wear a penguin patch on their shoulder
identifying them so that the rest of us would not ask them for directions.

Quote:> > Could any one give clear and good documentation, for comparing with
> > Linux kernel features..

> www.netbsd.org

> > So that i can able to think, is it best for porting
> > to my Hardware or to take Linux as my choice..

> Take linux. Now be off, shoo shoo.

> --
>   j p d (at) d s b (dot) t u d e l f t (dot) n l .

1. Best way to write plug-ins?

I am writing an application for a my company, and I am interested in
making it very easy to hook into internal program data (like a
PhotoShop Plug-In, if you know what one of those is).  What would be
the best way to do this?

I can only think of two ways to do it right offhand, but I would like
to avoid the second (call me a purist):

* Allocate shared memory to a child process, which is either an
  a.out or ELF binary.
* Write the data out to a temporary file, or pipe, which the child
  executable then reads.

Is there a better way?

        Thanks,
        Jeff

--
Ask not for whom the telephone bell tolls ... if thou art in the
bathtub, it tolls for thee.

2. .83 and pppd - not working.

3. only show the QOS submenu if QOS is selected

4. EVENT: Linux Users' Group of Davis, August 21 - Perl Basics

5. QoS script wanted / jdg-qos questions

6. Minor Amusement: bug in fortune(6) database

7. What is the Best Freenix Distro to build a QoS Packet Scheduling Firewall with?

8. Help - FVWM95 is default

9. best qos techique for voip

10. Am I missing some news or did NetBSD 1.1 not get announced?

11. Best SCSI and Ethernet card(s) for NetBSD/i386?

12. best browser for NetBSD/Sparc/KDE

13. Comparing FreeBSD with NetBSD & OpenBSD (nb: NOT a "which is best" question)