trouble mount nfs share from linux nfs server, protocol not supported

trouble mount nfs share from linux nfs server, protocol not supported

Post by ulRi » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 04:20:17

Hi.

I can't mount a nfs share on my NetBSD 1.5.2 client from my linux nfs server.
Is there some special kind of voodoo involved that I'm not aware of ?

mount or mount_nfs command gives following error message: Protocol not supported

I've tried the mount_nfs -2 or -3 and -U or -T options to no avail

The nfs server works OK for other machines on the network (linux clients).

Any ideas?

/u

1. can I chown(1) an NFS-mounted file to a user *not* on the NFS server

- I have NFS server (say server_sys) and client (say client_sys) and
mount a directory off NFS server, then create/chmod/chown a file to
users common to both systems
 - then i attempt to chown file to user common *only* to client and
get permissions error...is this because <another_user> is not on NFS
server, this is not a directory perms issue.

# mount -F nfs -o rw,vers=4 server_sys:/export/home/server_dir
/client_dir
# cd /client_dir
# touch client_test_file.tst
# chmod 777 client_test_file.tst
# chown bin client_test_file.tst
# chgrp staff client_test_file.tst
# chown another_user uidmapping.tst
chown: client_test_file.tst: Permission denied
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                             why?

2. Autodial network modem?

3. /var/mail: to NFS mount or not to NFS mount?

4. content-type not set

5. nfs mount problem: mount: can't get address for nfs-server.kauai

6. Pentium Protection Rings

7. linux NFS server problem - can't ls in the NFS mounted directory.

8. After Action report: LILO freezing at LI

9. NFS mount from Linux NFS server

10. Error 1831-008 when mounting a NFS share from Linux server to AIX machine

11. NFS nfs://myserver/usr/share/public NOT Working?

12. NFS - Protocol not supported

13. NFS backup auto mount on client when NFS server fail...!