How do i get Crypt?

Post by Daniel Garc » Tue, 16 May 1995 04:00:00

Ok - i'm at wits end - how do I get cryping in for passwords?  Everytime
I log in, I get 'WARNING! crypt(3) note present in the system!'.  I thought
I had gotten the security distribution (sec10), but is there more that
I need to do?  Compiling isn't really an option - as i have about 6 megs
free on the machine (and the other machine that I nfs'd off of to
recompile my kernel isn't available any more ): -- is there anyway
I can get the executables I need?  Or, did i do something wrong
installing the security distribution?  (ps.  Yes, I am in the
US, so i personally don't have to worry about export restrictions.
Damn ITAR)

TIA

 /Linux  Hacker/C Programmer for Hire /#include <disclaimer>/The Answer's 42/|
,-------------+----------------------+---------------------+-------------- + |
|I wake up scared, I wake up strange, I wake up wondering if anything in my| |
|   life is ever gunna change, I wake up scared, I wake up strange, and    | /
|      everything around me stays the same...                              |/
`------------------------http://www.esu.edu/~kender------------------------'

1. unix crypt() vs. AIX crypt()

Yeah, this is quite cool. Which scheme is the default?

Thomas H. Ptacek                                        Secure Networks, Inc.
http://www.enteract.com/~tqbf                         "mmm... sacrilicious"

2. Helpful changes regaurding SUNWnskit (ypserv for Solaris)

3. crypt in C++ just like crypt in c library

4. shell equivalent to Perl $& op?

5. passwd hashing methods Re: unix crypt() vs. AIX crypt()

6. biff Brings up Ascend P75 ISDN Link!

7. Does Linux support crypt(1) and crypt(3)?

8. Size limit in lpr?

9. Perl(Crypt::DES, Crypt::IDEA)

10. crypt(3) for Pc's under dos??

11. crypt command in dos or windows

12. Looking for Unix crypt() function ported to DOS...

13. DOS/Windows UNIX Crypt() ?