Porting Device Driver to NetBSD-1.1

Post by Biswajit Nan » Sat, 18 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

We would like to port a device driver (for a pci ATM adapter card) from
NetBSD-1.0 to NetBSD-1.1.

Please let us know, if there is any relevent document like, how to port
device driver, net-bsd kernel description etc.

How easy/difficult is to port a driver from 1.0 to 1.1?

Thanks.

++bis

1. Linux to NetBSD driver porting tutorial?

I'm looking for some fairly basic information on porting Linux drivers
to NetBSD.

What I really need to know is, does NetBSD have routines equivelent to
Linux's "init_module", "register_chrdev", and "pci_registerDriver"?

A more general way of putting this is, how soes the NetBSD device
driver mechanism differ from Linux?

Brian E Clough
the proverbial "Stranger in a Strange Land"

2. 2.5.49 Keyboard and mouse lost in X

3. Device driver calling another device driver.

4. HP1120C 11x17

5. Device driver question (generic device driver)

6. Help with LILO Problem

7. The Parallel port API- I need to write a device driver...!

8. disk druid

9. Porting tape device driver to Solaris 2.5

10. device driver using serial port

11. Parallel Port and USB Device Drivers

12. how to write a linux device driver using the /dev/ttyS0 port ?

13. How to access I/O port 0x42,0x61 in the kernel device driver if check_region() fails