cvs check out problem

Post by Chri » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 07:11:29

Hi all,
I have tried to check out the netbsd source via cvs with the following
command

cd /usr
cvs checkout -r netbsd-1-6-1 src

but for some reason , cvs stopped after
cvs server: Updating src/usr.sbin/zic

then cvs removed the /usr/src directory

Did I miss anything here ? or
Is there problem with cvs  server ?

thanks
Chris

cvs check out problem

Post by Jan Schauman » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 04:12:12

>  cd /usr
>  cvs checkout -r netbsd-1-6-1 src

There is no tag named "netbsd-1-6-1" for src.  The 1.6.1 tag is
"netbsd-1-6-PATCH001.

There is, however, a "netbsd-1-6-1" tag for pkgsrc, which should not be
confused with the above tag for src.

-Jan

--
http://www.netmeister.org

Life," said Marvin, "don't talk to me about life."

cvs check out problem

Post by Chri » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:54:15

Quote:> >  cd /usr
> >  cvs checkout -r netbsd-1-6-1 src

> There is no tag named "netbsd-1-6-1" for src.  The 1.6.1 tag is
> "netbsd-1-6-PATCH001.

> There is, however, a "netbsd-1-6-1" tag for pkgsrc, which should not be
> confused with the above tag for src.

ah ...that must have explained why ....
btw, is there a documentation on the tag ..
eg I wan to know all the tags that are available

thank you Jan

Chris

cvs check out problem

Post by Jan Schauman » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:10:00

>  eg I wan to know all the tags that are available

cd /usr/src
cvs log Makefile

will show you all the branches the file is on.

-Jan

--
http://www.netmeister.org

I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.

cvs check out problem

Post by Frederick Bruckm » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:45:59

>>  eg I wan to know all the tags that are available

> cd /usr/src
> cvs log Makefile

> will show you all the branches the file is on.

"cvs status -v Makefile" will show you the same thing, but without
the unwanted history. There's also the file "src/doc/BRANCHES" to
explain what many of them are, and if they are still active or not.

--
Frederick

cvs check out problem

Post by Chri » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:37:54

Thank you

1. cvs check out problems..cannot check out files into the repository itself.

I'm new at CVS. I started by set the CVSROOT environment variable.

than

cvs init

than

I create a directory called "cvsroot" in my home directory
I go into the directory containing the files I want to put in the repository
and type

cvs import cvsroot manu initialtag

in the directory cvsroot, it created the files plus ,v from the directory
that contain my files.
However, when I do cvs checkout CVSROOT/modules

the console print out

Cannot check out files into the repository itself.......

Can any one tell me what did I do wrong..

thanks

Peter

2. minor security bug in mesg

3. Samba- Problem: path too long/ cvs- Problem: cvs import stucks

4. ATi Rage Fury

5. CVS question -- executable bit turned ON automatically after checking into the repository...

6. Anybody know of an app to record screen under gnome or KDE ?

7. Check in to CVS

8. Upgrading RH4.2 by yoursef????? what???

9. how do I check with cvs if files from my source tree got modded?

10. current CVS tree vs released CVS tree

11. CVS - Not really FreeBSD, but I expect a few FreeBSD users are familiar with CVS !

12. cvs 1.3 BUG: cvs ci -r after a higher ci...

13. Distributed CVS -- Synchronizing Multiple CVS Repositories