NetBSD on mac68k Problems installing ports

NetBSD on mac68k Problems installing ports

Post by Michael Baue » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:09:02

hi
I run into problems while trying to install some Ports on my MacIIsi,
first there was a non working groff, but i fixed that. Now make install
aborts with:
mtree: unknown group wheel
mtree: failed at line 5 of the specification
altough group wheel does exist.

can anyone give me a hint?

greetings mihi
--
+++ATH0

Post by Klaus Hein » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:32:34

> mtree: unknown group wheel
> mtree: failed at line 5 of the specification
> altough group wheel does exist.

> can anyone give me a hint?

Can you give us more details? Which version of NetBSD? Which package?

ciao
     Klaus

Post by Michael Baue » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 01:25:43

> Can you give us more details? Which version of NetBSD? Which package?

it was digest on NetBSD 1.5, i found the error later on, there was a tab
in front of wheel in /etc/group, so it seemed to exist, but mtree was
more exactly.

greetings mihi

--
Real men don't read instructions
                              Tim Taylor

1. Req: help w/ Netbsd-mac68k serial ports

To those of you more knowledgable than myself (most likely everyone on
this list  :)

I would really appreciate some help with this problem.

I just installed NetBSD on my Mac IIci yesterday.  This is my first time
ever running a UN*X system, so I was pretty excited when the kernel booted
up and things seemed to be running.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to find
devices corresponding to the serial ports on my Mac.  There is no "lp"
file in /dev; nor can I find anything resembling a modem device.  I _did_
find two devices, /dev/grf0 and /dev/grf1, which I thought might be the
serial ports, but neither was set up and the messages during boot seemed
to say that /dev/grf0 (which I had guessed was the modem port) was linked
to the internal video.

In short, I cannot access my printer or modem from BSD. nor do I know how
to configure device files for them.  Could someone please email me at

Sincerely,

Raphael B. Leib
NetBSD Newbie

--
"As sure as the sun will shine
I'm gonna get my share now of what's mine

Jimmy Cliff

2. IRC servers With Linux Chat

3. NetBSD-mac68k - 840av Install?

4. qmail, pop and fetchmail

5. netbsd install on mac68K

6. Netscape and dynamic PPP Problem

7. installing netbsd on a IIci mac68k

8. Print to a shared windows printer

9. problem booting NetBSD/mac68k

10. Apple CD150 (Sony CDU-8002) problem with NetBSD-1.5.3/mac68k on MacIIcx

11. NetBSD/mac68k 1.1 misc problems

12. Problems with video card and NetBSD/mac68k

13. NetBSD/Mac68k installer problem