Problems installing NetBSD 1.1

Post by Nick Hudso » Fri, 10 May 1996 04:00:00

I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.1 on a HP Vectra VL with a 3com
3C509-COMBO network card. The problem I'm getting is that the
computer just locks up. I've tried several times now and it locks
up at different stages of the install process every time. The
furthest I've got is half way through an 'Extract' of base11.

Has anyone got any ideas? I'm sorry if I'm being vague, its because I
don't quite know what information is relevant.

TIA,

Nick
Analyst/Programmer  | #include <std/disclaimer.h>
RAFLATAC Ltd        | I wouldn't believe a word I say if I was you.
Scarborough, UK     |

1. Problems with Install floppies for NetBSD 1.1

When trying to install the kernelcopy and inst floppies on an i386 I
get random "fd0a - soft error reading ..." messages at various stages of
the process. It does not seem to adversely affect the installation but
just that they appeared at all made me somewhat apprehensive. Has anyone
else had this problem? Is it normal? Does anyone know what causes it?
Is it possibly caused by a slow floppy drive? Any insight into this
would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Phillip Smith

2. Looking for DSP Modem (MWave) help on DOS end

3. NetBSD Amiga 1.1 Install Problems

4. keybaord nacks on 80386

5. Problem Installing XFree86 on Intel based NetBSD 1.1

6. Does 3C590 PCI work with Linux?

7. HELP NetBSD 1.1 first installed

8. Disk druid rpm?

9. netbsd 1.1 i386 install help needed

10. Problem booting NetBSD 1.1 on A3000/040

11. Mac IIci - NetBSD 1.1 success and problems

12. NetBSD 1.1/i386 Swap space problem

13. Problem with dd in vi on 386i NetBSD 1.1