MBone tools for NetBSD-1.1/i386

Post by Jesus M. Gonzalez Baraho » Fri, 29 Mar 1996 04:00:00

        Is aybody running MBone apps on top of NetBSD-1.1/i386?
If so, could pleae tell me what versions/binaries is he/she using?

        I've been able of using wb (the blackboard), and the
session manager, but I cannot get vat (the conferecing tool)
running propperly. For sound I have a SoundBlaster 16 Value,
just in case that matters. I haven't tried other tools, but would
like to hear about experiencies.

        Thanks in advance,

                Jesus.

-----

MBone tools for NetBSD-1.1/i386

Post by Mark Tingue » Sat, 30 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>    Is aybody running MBone apps on top of NetBSD-1.1/i386?
>If so, could pleae tell me what versions/binaries is he/she using?

you may have to make a new kernel with the newest FreeBSD sound code.
check out http://www.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~tinguely/mbone-freebsd/

Quote:>    I've been able of using wb (the blackboard), and the
>session manager, but I cannot get vat (the conferecing tool)
>running propperly. For sound I have a SoundBlaster 16 Value,
>just in case that matters. I haven't tried other tools, but would
>like to hear about experiencies.

the sound card does make a significant difference. with a SoundBlaster you will
want to run "vat-and-half" which a half duplex port of vat 4.0.

--mark.

1. Symbolic Math Package for NetBSD-1.0-i386 or Linux

    Check out the "calc" elisp package by Dave Gillespie that runs
    under GNU emacs. It can do simple symbolic calculations like
    polynomial arithmetic, solving simultaneous equations etc. but is
    not as fancy as Mathematica or Maple.  It uses a stack oriented
    user-interface and has a wonderfully complete 500+ page manual.

    [Note that this is different from the "calc" package by David
    Bell which is a C-like language for doing arbitrary precision
    arithmetic and runs idependently (it does not do symbolic math).]

    Ram

2. Will HP LaserJet 5L Xtra work with Linux?

3. NetBSD-1.3.2/i386 installation hangs

4. count filename characters

5. NetBSD-1.0 i386 - Missing?

6. Linux

7. JAVA support for NetBSD-1.2 i386??

8. Linux errmsg: SIOCADDRT: Invalid arguments

9. How to make NetBSD-1.2 i386 execute ELF binaries

10. Difficulties w/ enabling wscons multi-screen option on netbsd-1.5.2/i386

11. anyone built willow-2.4 on netbsd-1.0/i386?

12. NetBSD-1.1 (i386) and hard disk..

13. Problems using 3c503 cards on netbsd-1.3.3-i386 -- how to fix?