getting bash to run on netbsd 161/sparc

Post by Anthony Watter » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:30:21

newbie question

I recently installed NetBSD 1.6.1 on my Sparc 5
After downloading and compiling pkgsrc, I ran 'make' and 'make install'
from the /usr/pkgsrc/shells directory.
BASH 2.0.5 appears to be a part of 'shells' installed , however, it does not
appear to run once installed.

Anyone know how to get bash to run? ksh & tcsh appear to run just fine (as a
result of  running 'make' & 'make install')
Any tricks or advice is appreciated.

Thanks

getting bash to run on netbsd 161/sparc

Post by Andreas Wies » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:53:41

Quote:> newbie question

Heck, _you_ again :)

Quote:> I recently installed NetBSD 1.6.1 on my Sparc 5
> After downloading and compiling pkgsrc, I ran 'make' and 'make install'
> from the /usr/pkgsrc/shells directory.

Did you do 'make' and 'make install' directly in pkgsrc/shells or in
one of the bash subdirectories (bash2, static-bash2)?

Quote:> BASH 2.0.5 appears to be a part of 'shells' installed , however, it does not
> appear to run once installed.

Does it work when typing '/usr/pkg/bin/bash'? What does 'pkg_info |
grep bash' say?

[snip...]

Regards,

awiese
--
The three enemies of the programmer? Sunlight, fresh air and the
unbearable roaring of the birds.

1. Looking for tips on getting netbsd running on a SPARC

Can someone pass along a pointer to notes on where one would start work
if you were interested in bringing up netbsd on a SPARC 1 or 1+?  I have looked
at the 386bsd FAQ which appears to only tell me that netbsd works on the
sparc.  What I would like to find is a cookbook as to how to start
bringing it up, what hardware is required, etc.  Perhaps someone who
has already walked this road has some notes?

Thanks!
--

:s <URL:http://www-bprc.mps.ohio-state.edu/cgi-bin/hpp/lvirden_sig.html>
:s Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should

2. UPS monitor and auto-shutdown

4. rc scriping: why init.d?

5. Bash: Getting rubbish parameters when script first run in a new bash shell

6. Wanted: Advice for using gcc

7. test 161

8. Measuring CPU with Hyperthreading and Linux

9. Port 161

10. Sample tests for 161

11. Probe to 161

12. NetATalk atalkd[161]: addmulti: invalid argument????

13. SNMP daemon not active on port 161 (or anywhere); daemon loaded.