Website Translation into German

Post by Jan Schauman » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 09:14:35

Hi all,

I recently started to translate the NetBSD website into German, and by now
I was able to find a few other people who are interested in helping out.
Should you be interested, please join our mailinglist at
http://guinness.cs.stevens-tech.edu/mailman/listinfo/netbsd-docs-de/
and/or email me.

-Jan

--
Jan Schaumann <http://www.netmeister.org>

"Saying Windows 2000 is the most powerful OS in the Microsoft family is
like saying Moe was the smart Stooge."  --Kevin Barkes

Website Translation into German

Post by Chris Huan » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 10:26:15

keep up the good work =)

probably I should start something in Chinese ..=)

Chris

Quote:> Hi all,

Post by Michael Cor » Sun, 02 Dec 2001 00:59:13

> I recently started to translate the NetBSD website into German, and by now
> I was able to find a few other people who are interested in helping out.
> Should you be interested, please join our mailinglist at
> http://guinness.cs.stevens-tech.edu/mailman/listinfo/netbsd-docs-de/
> and/or email me.

Do you think that's really worth the work? Keeping the translation up-to-date
would take a lot of time. Information in native language might be good for
beginners, but sooner or later you will have to read and write English, because
you cannot translate everything. IMHO using English in the internet leads to
greater communities, more discussions, more experience exchange. Further you
will have to decide which words should be translated, because searching for a
translated expression won't be very efficient. I think it's a good idea to
translate the latest news, but technical papers should not be used in any other
language than English. I assume people using BSD/UNIX do not have problems using
English language and it is a great help reading English articles, because there
is so much more information available.

1. NetBSD Website Translation into German

Hi all,

I'm attempting to create/coordinate a project for the translation of the
NetBSD website into German.

If you are interested in helping me and a few other people to translate
the website, please visit http://www.netmeister.org/misc/netbsd/ where
you should find all the information you need to join us (or simply email
me).

Our current efforts (as far as they have not been commited yet) can be
seen at http://netbsd.netmeister.org/de/

-Jan

--
Jan Schaumann <http://www.netmeister.org>

"Drink up. The world's about to end."
"This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

2. Config_auto_irq problems. Where's my COM4 .

3. Linux in Titanic movie production - German translation available

4. Nec MobilePro 7xx/800

5. SMP in CT magazine (translation from German)

6. SPARC Station 5 - panic[cpu0]

7. German translation for KDE 2.1

8. hdparm -u?

9. a (very) brief Guide to Translating the NetBSD website into German

10. LaTeX2e: german.sty and german hyphenation

11. Website Hosting and Website Design for Businesses and Professionals

12. No translation of \,

13. Shell and german keyboard problem