Post by Przemek Klosows » Mon, 28 Nov 1994 00:31:29

Our next monthly meeting will be at an unusual place and time---please
make note. In early December there is an Open Systems conference
(formerly known as FedUNIX) in Washington DC. This year, for the first
time, there will be a Linux track at this event, and we will have our
meeting during the conference and at its site.

The December meeting will take place at the Renaissance TechWorld
Hotel (999 9th Street NW, Washington DC), on THURSDAY (not Wednesday),
December 1, 7pm. The hotel is 2 blocks north of the Gallery Place
metro station, near the intersection with K Street.

Because of the conference we were able to book a talk by Bob Amstadt,
of the Wine project. Don Becker will update us on the progress of the
NASA Beowulf project, which links Linux computers on a LAN into a
meta-computer for parallel computation tasks.

The meeting agenda, therefore, is as follows:

  - Wine---MS Windows programs run under Linux, by Bob Amstadt
  - Update on Beowulf project, by Don Becker
  - questions and answers session

See you there!

                        Reactor Division (bldg. 235), E111
                        Gaithersburg, MD 20899,      USA