Post by Michael Robinso » Fri, 23 Dec 1994 22:14:06

ANNOUNCE ANNOUNCE ANNOUNCE ANNOUNCE ANNOUNCE ANNOUNCE ANNOUNCE

Houston Linux Users Group (HLUG)

Hello everyone. I'am pleased to announce that I am in the process
of starting a Linux Users Group in Houston. I am in the early stages
of planning the group so any input would be helpful. We are going to
try to provide assistance for people to get their system up and running
and other services that you suggest.

I know we need to find a meeting place and time so please send e-mail

We will try to have an organizational meeting in January to lay the
ground work so please send info if you are interested.

Once I figure out how to set up a mail list I will add everyone
who sends me mail that would like to be included on this list.

My internet provider has had problems lately. So I hope all messages
get to me. We are also in the process of setting up a Linux machine on the
net so that members can have accounts.

        So if you are in the Houston area, and wish to participate

As was pointed out to me in the last 'announcement' I sent out, I did not
include enough information for those without web access.  I goofed.  Please
see below.

ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!ANNOUNCE!!

The next monthly meeting of the Houston Area Linux Users Group wil be held
Saturday, April 22, 1995 at the University of Houston, Clear Lake Campus in
room 3-315, from 2:00 pm until 4:00 pm.

The main topic of discussion will be the configuring of the X11R5/X11R6 server
under Linux.  We will also have a discussion on the pros and cons of the GPL.

Michael Robinson might present a summary of the happings at Novell's BrainShare.

As normal, we will have time for an open Q&A session at the end of the meeting.

For more information, please refere to one of the sources below:

        Voice:  Don Harper, 713.220.2937

        WWW:    http://www.infocom.net/~hlug

Directions:

(or may be 3 blocks) after Space Center Blvd. turn right into the
campus. After you cross a little bridge, you will come to an
intersection of two streets. Turn right again and that will take
you to the students parking lot which is in front of the
(actually the back) Bayou Building.  Go in the building and
get to the third floor, the rooms are numbered and our room
is close to the middle elevator in the second atrium.  It is room 3-315.

--

Communications Office for Houston Linux Users Group
Running Linux 1.2.1

2. File system corrupt: What tools?

4. Linux - Samba - Win 98

5. LOCAL (TX): Announcing Linux Users Group in Midland/Odessa Texas (Permian Basin Linux Users Group)

6. Help! modem communicat. too slow

7. Houston, TX Linux User Group?

8. 8mm tape racks/cabinets

9. Houston Linux Users' Group Meeting