SYSLINUX boot loader v 1.03 released

Post by H. Peter Anv » Wed, 08 Mar 1995 00:52:04

Version 1.03 of the SYSLINUX boot loader has been uploaded to
sunsite.unc.edu.  This version primarily corrects a bug which would
make it impossible to boot from a double-density floppy disk (as
opposed to a high-density one).

SYSLINUX is a boot loader with boots a Linux kernel from a DOS
formatted (FAT filesystem) floppy disk.  In conjunction with the
UMSDOS filesystem, it makes it possible to create a bootdisk/rootdisk
combo for installation without requiring RAWRITE at all.

LSM entry follows.

Begin3
Title:          syslinux
Version:        1.03
Entered-date:   03/01/95
                which operates off MS-DOS floppies.  It is intended to
                simplify first-time installation of Linux.  SYSLINUX
                could in conjunction with the UMSDOS filesystem,
                completely eliminate the need for distribution of raw
                diskette images for boot floppies.  A SYSLINUX floppy
                can be manipulated using standard MS-DOS (or any other
                OS that can access an MS-DOS filesystem) tools once
                it has been created; and requires only a 10K DOS program
                to create in the first place (creation using "dd" on a UNIX
                box is also supported.)

Primary-site:   sunsite.unc.edu /pub/Linux/system/Linux-boot
                42690 syslx103.zip
Alternate-site:
Platform:
Copying-policy: GPL
End

1. boot loader not showing up; installed boot loader record on /dev/hda2

Hello,
I installed Red Hat 7.3 but installed boot loader record on the first
sector of boot partition (/dev/hda2) instead of /dev/hda Master boot
record. When I restarted my laptop after installation, Grub did not
appear and Windows XP home edition loaded. I am guessing this happened
because I installed Grub in /dev/hda2. How do I go to linux? How do I
copy the bootloader from /dev/hda2 to MBR? Thanks.

2. Redhat 5.0 SCSI Disk Error

3. GNU bc and GNU dc version 1.03 released.

4. Upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4, where sysinstall?

5. ethernet problem with linux SLS release 1.03

6. ? lazy

7. WN version 1.03 released

8. (no subject)

9. LILO - Generic boot loader (ALPHA TEST RELEASE)

10. Help with restoring /boot/loader.rc & loader.conf files please

11. Boot disks a1.3 and a1.5 missing in new SLS version 1.03

12. Unable to make Boot disk with SLS 1.03

13. Booting from hard drive with SLS 1.03