LinuxThreads 0.6 -- clone()-based POSIX threads library

LinuxThreads 0.6 -- clone()-based POSIX threads library

Post by Xavier Lero » Sun, 04 May 1997 04:00:00

1. New clone based POSIX threads package

Hi all

------------------
NEW THREAD PACKAGE:
------------------
        I am glad to announce first __test__ release of my threads
library
with POSIX 1c behavior. Threads are based on Linux specific clone system
call so it isn't another user level engine within one process. Now it is
working on Intel 386 or above machines (you can port it to other
platform).
Package contains basic thread safe library based on libc-5.3.12 and
locking
introduced for MIT POSIX threads.

        You can download source and/or binary distribution from:

        ftp://lin.fsid.cvut.cz/pub/linux/clthreads/clthreads-0.1.0.tgz

ftp://lin.fsid.cvut.cz/pub/linux/clthreads/clthreads-0.1.0.bin.tgz

Kernel related problem:
-----------------------
        I got this message to syslog:

Aug  5 11:53:43 klinux kernel: put_page: page already exists 0063d025
Aug  5 11:53:43 klinux last message repeated 43 times

this happens when I run on busy machine test program with about 100
threads.
You can look at README in clthreads package how generate this kernel
message. Is it bug or something else? I don't know.

Clone discussion:
----------------
        I have one suggestion to discussion about clone system call:
If one thread create another with clone and then die the parent of this
second
thread with unix process terminology will be process with pid 1. Thus if
the
second thread die the signal about this event will be send to pid 1. I
would
like to catch all this signals but it is now impossible without great
overhead. It could be good another parent/child relations on cloned
threads.

Please Cc: any discussion about this package to me.

2. Slack, Debian, why?

3. linuxthreads 0.1 - kernel-level Posix threads for Linux

4. Boot device order on Primergy 351

5. intermittent hangs with threads (clone() bug?/linuxthreads bug?)

6. kde 2.1.1 dcop server problem

7. Runaway Linux processes-Native Posix Threading Library- Old linux threads

8. Installing Linux

9. HELP: Unable to compile xwave 0.6 (X-Windows based wave sound file player)

10. clone(), threads, and POSIX

11. POSIX threads, thread-specific data: what about the "main" thread?

12. Is DCEthreads based on Posix thread under Digital Unix 4.0f?

13. posix threads library bos.rte.libpthreads on 4.2.1