ZBlast v1.1 - simple shoot-em-up game for VGA, X

ZBlast v1.1 - simple shoot-em-up game for VGA, X

Post by Steven Flintha » Sun, 04 May 1997 04:00:00

1. Sasteroids v1.0 release (vga arcade game)

Hello linuxers!

This is to announce the release of Sasteroids v1.0 (source).

I have uploaded it to tsx-11.mit.edu to /incoming, where it will be
renamed by the maintainers to sasteroids1.0.tar.gz

I will put it on sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/Incoming/sasteroids1.0.tgz
as soon as I can access that site -- it seems to be down right now :(

        Sasteroids is an asteroids-like game, the whole point to shoot
asteroids and an occasional enemy space ship.  Ok, so its not DOOM, but it
can be amusing.  This started out as a direct port of xasteroids to run
under svgalib (super-vga graphics library by Harm Hanemaayer), but I then
decided that 256 color bitmap graphics would be more fun, then rewrote large
chunks of it in C++, then added a high-score list, a title screen, etc,
anything to avoid school work.

        Warning: I can't draw, so the asteroids look more like chunks of dog
food.  Maybe this game should be called "Save the Planet from Killer Alpo",
or something.

--Brad pitzel

Here is the lsm:
Begin2
Title        = sasteroids
Version      = 1.0
Desc1        = A version of the 'asteroids' shoot-em-up game using vga
Desc2        = color graphics. Started as a port of xasteroids to svgalib,
Desc3        = with the addition of 256 color bitmaps, a high scores list,
Desc4        = and (more than not) rewritten in C++.
Author       = Brad Pitzel

Maintainer   = Brad Pitzel

Site1        = sunsite.unc.edu
Path1        =
File1        = sasteroids1.0.tgz
FileSize1    = 61k
Required1    = To compile: svgalib (preferably v1.01 or greater)
Required2    = ncurses, g++, Linux!
Required3    = A color monitor helps.
CopyPolicy1  = Free to distribute and modify, as long as appropriate
CopyPolicy2  = credits and copyrights are maintained (see README,README.xast)
Keywords     = game, svgalib, asteroids, arcade.
Comment1     = May be slow on 386's. Performance on 386's has not been tested
Comment2     = as of this release. Uses floating point math.
Entered      = 10FEB94
EnteredBy    = Brad Pitzel

End

2. fcntl() call

3. DEMO of game: Terroid (shooting game)

4. Using NTP to Control and Synchronize System Clocks - Part 2 of 3

5. ZBLAST v1.0 uploaded to sunsite

6. HP JetAdmin D0036 & Sol. 2.5?

7. SuSE Linux with Silicon Motion Lynx EM vga card

8. Konqueror problem

9. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

10. Saiba como fazer 6,00 Reais transformarem-se em 6.000,00 Reais em 60 dias

11. SMI Lynx EM and EM+

12. Shell Programs (I can mail 'em to you, cos I made 'em!)

13. Linux VGA Games.. How?