ANNOUNCE: Chainsaw Empire 3.0b now at sunsite

ANNOUNCE: Chainsaw Empire 3.0b now at sunsite

Post by Kevin Sander » Sat, 08 May 1993 07:44:30

Greetings Linuxers and would-be Deities!

I have uploaded to sunsite the source code for the Chainsaw version of
Empire, version 3.0b.  It is located in Incoming/empire.  The official
KSU chainsaw release may be higher than 3.0b now (and probably is) but
this is the one I ported.  I will be getting my patches hopefully
incorporated into an upcoming KSU release, after which time we won't
need a Linux-specific archive (except for 3.0b and whatever patches are
necessary to bring it up to the latest KSU release).  But for now here it is.

The README.linux file at the top level contains brief instructions on
compiling and running the game.  These instructions were written off the
top of my head, so if you have problems please refer to the more extensive
documentation in the source tree (under E/doc).

Good luck and let me know of any problems via email.

---------

Kevin Sanders, KN6FQ

1. Chainsaw version 3.12 at sunsite NOW!

[Chainsaw is a version of the Empire game for Linux. --mdw]

Greetings Linuxers and would-be Deities!

I have uploaded to sunsite the source code for the Chainsaw version of
Empire, version 3.12.  It is located in /pub/Linux/Incoming/empire, but
may be moved to /pub/Linux/games by the time you read this.

A number of serious bugs were reported by folks against 3.0b, and I have
fixed the ones I know about.  There still may be more bugs, but I plan to
release patches against 3.12 as these are found.  No patches are available
to upgrade 3.0b to 3.12; there are too many differences to make it worthwhile.

--

2. File Locking mechanism in ksh

3. Empire source uploaded to sunsite

4. configuring Q's

5. ANNOUNCE: Version 1.0b of the sound driver available

6. GDB can't read core file?

7. ANNOUNCE: TCX 1.02 is on sunsite.unc.edu

8. RenAttach 1.1.0 attachment renamer released (GNU GPL)

9. ANNOUNCE: PINE 3.05 is on sunsite.unc.edu and tsx-11.mit.edu

10. ANNOUNCE: octave-0.66 re-uploaded at sunsite.unc.edu

11. ANNOUNCE: procinfo 0.1 on Sunsite

12. gexe (was: ANNOUNCE: TCX 1.02 is on sunsite.unc.edu)

13. Announce: skim 0.4 uploaded to sunsite (graphical off-line newsreader)