InterSystems Founder Selected as Entrepreneur of the Year

InterSystems Founder Selected as Entrepreneur of the Year

Post by Kate Jone » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 23:55:01

InterSystems Corporation, the worlds fastest growing database company,
today announced that its CEO and President, Phillip T. (Terry) Ragon,
has been presented the prestigious 2003 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of
the Year Award in healthcare information technology for the New England
region. For more information, please contact Sabrina Kidwai of Shoor &

release follows.

Editorial Contacts
Sabrina Kidwai
Shoor & Company
(803) 699-0710

Maureen Flaherty
InterSystems
(617) 621-0600

        InterSystems Founder Selected as Entrepreneur of the Year

Cambridge, Mass.June 27, 2003InterSystems Corporation, the worlds
fastest growing database company, today announced that its CEO and
President, Phillip T. (Terry) Ragon, has been presented the prestigious
2003 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in healthcare
information technology for the New England region.

According to Ernst & Young, this award recognizes the entrepreneurial
spirit the commitment and character that enables entrepreneurs to
develop new technologies and improve the quality of life for people
around them.

Ragon was recognized for developing the strategy and spearheading the
effort that has made InterSystems a leader in technology innovation and
a commercial success in the extremely competitive database sector. With
revenues topping $100M, the privately held company celebrated its 25th
anniversary this year. InterSystems, which develops and markets the
post-relational CACH database, is the leading database technology
provider in healthcare and a key vendor in other industry sectors,
including financial services, government and other vertical markets.

Committed to the philosophy of innovation through building and
delivering exciting, high-value technology, Ragon promotes a corporate
culture focused on being the best that we can benot just being better
than the competition, which would limit our reach. At InterSystems, its
not about separating people from their cashits about making the
customer a success and being profitable as a result. By constantly
emphasizing integrity, respect and service to clients, we have created a
place where people wish to work, Ragon says. The bright, talented
people in our firm are e*d about working together toward common
goals. This award recognizes and affirms our corporate mission and the
way we approach achieving company objectives. I view it as an accolade
to everyone at InterSystems.

The award was presented at a banquet held at the Park Plaza hotel in
Boston. Ragon and the award recipients in other categories in the New
England region are now eligible for the National Entrepreneur of the
Year awards, which honor outstanding entrepreneurs who have demonstrated
excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation,
financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and
communities. The national event will be held at a black-tie awards gala
in Palm Springs, Calif., on November 22, 2003, to be hosted by Jay Leno.

About InterSystems

Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., InterSystems Corporation
(www.InterSystems.com) is a leading provider of low-maintenance, high
performance database systems for Web applications, with over four
million users worldwide. InterSystems' flagship product, CACH, is a
post-relational database that uniquely offers three integrated data
access options: a robust object database, high performance SQL and rich
multidimensional access. CACH enables rapid Web application
development, extraordinary transaction processing speed and real-time
queries against transactional data.

A free, fully functional, no time-limit version of CACH can be
downloaded or requested on CD from the InterSystems web site.

How To Write with an Accent: Press and hold ALT and enter 144 on the
numeric keypad to put the accent on CACH.

                                   ###

Trademark Notes: CACH is a trademark of InterSystems Corporation. Other
trademarks belong to their respective owners.