1. runpipe v1.2 with security hole fix
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The latest version of runpipe is available now from sunsite or my FTP
Runpipe is a daemon/client pair which watches a set of named pipes for
a read or write action on a pipe, and then executes a program on the
other end of the pipe. It is most commonly used to run a program on the
other end of the .plan pipe, so that when a person fingers the account,
the .plan "file" appears to contain the output of the program. This can
be used to make plan files which change whenever they're read, or which
deliver different messages depending on other information such as time of
day or whether or not the user is logged on.
This release fixes a potentially serious security bug in the daemon
when run in system mode, and a potentially annoying behaviour when run in
paranoid mode. I strongly recommend that nobody who runs the daemon in
system mode run it with a version prior to 1.2.
Here is the .lsm:
Title: Runpipe daemon and client
Entered-date: March 10, 1997
Description: A package which monitors named pipes and runs a process on
the other end of the pipe when a read or write access is
made to the pipe.
Keywords: FIFO pipe plan
Primary-site: caliban.physics.utoronto.ca /pub/linux
17 kB runpipe-1.2.tar.gz
Alternate-site: sunsite.unc.edu /pub/Linux/system/daemons
Home page: http://caliban.physics.utoronto.ca/neufeld/Intro.html
"Don't edit reality for the sake of simplicity"
This article has been digitally signed by the moderator, using PGP.
http://www.iki.fi/liw/lars-public-key.asc has PGP key for validating signature.
PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION.
This group is archived at http://www.iki.fi/liw/linux/cola.html
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
2. Use of CONFIG_M686
3. Edith V1.32 final beta release
4. Maximum resolution that linux support
5. ANNOUNCEMENT: Evil Purple NewsCache v1.0.05 Beta
6. ran out of input data
7. ANNOUNCEMENT: v1.0 BETA 1 release of x2600
8. General Linux Question - rights, structure, etc.
9. Where to get fips v1.5c (new beta version)
10. v1.3 kernel, v1.5 httpd (NCSA) incompatibilities?
11. Kernels! v1.3.xx or v1.2.xx?!
12. HTTP v1.1 Cache-Control headers in Apache v1.3.1 ......
13. upgrading from v1.2.13 to v1.3.100, JDK, httpd