sg-latin1.map sg-latin1-lk450.map

Post by Enrico Scoto » Fri, 10 Sep 1993 04:56:57

[Would some kind soul please upload the sg keyboard map to an FTP site?
I don't feel like making a call to Switzerland. :) --mdw]

Hi all,

I have changed the sg-latin1.map and created a sg-latin-lk450.map (for
Dec's LK450 keyboard) to work correctly with a swiss-german keyboard.
Now it works the same as it does under MSDOS. The file is called:
sg-latin.tgz and contains the two above mentioned keymaps for pl12.

As I don't have any FTP-access I could only upload it to a BBS, so you
can find it on:

The Baboon's Kid:       +41 62 51 3401  (2:301/521)

Important note: you must have kernel pl12 and use the new keyboard utilities
to use these files.

Enrico Scotoni
-- -------------------------------------------------------------------- --
-- Baboon Bbs Internet GateWay Switzerland   fidonet 2:301/520 REC 30   --
-- -------------------------------------------------------------------- --

--

1. Switch map aliases: unknown member map aliases.dns

Hi newsgroup,

SunOS 7 (or Solaris 2.7)

I'm trying to do the following with my STMP mailer:

telnet server 25

ESMTP 8.9.1b+Sun/8.9.1;

HELO server
--answers Hello
MAIL from: john
--Gives error:
554 Switch map aliases: unknown member map aliases.dns

also tried:

and also

and also
\john
and

Note that all of the above values will work with simple /usr/ucb/mail.

I cannot get past this error with the from statement.  I'm not using
dns for email, only locally, my nsswitch.conf file is set for some dns
configuration so that I can reach the internet. I want to keep my
email local and not part of the network, but I need to use this SMPT
directly for testing. If it was going through /usr/ucb/Mail there does
not seem to be a problem (but I don't how Mail is setting the from
statement).

Here is the homegrown nsswitch.conf I have:

# -======================-
# 03/01/1999 - McKnight
# Created nsswitch.dns file to try to get name server switch working
# properly. The nt server at bvew uses dns.
# -======================-
# /etc/nsswitch.dns:
#
# An example file that could be copied over to /etc/nsswitch.conf; it
# uses NIS (YP) in conjunction with files.
#
# "hosts:" and "services:" in this file are used only if the
# /etc/netconfig file has a "-" for nametoaddr_libs of "inet"
transports.

# the following two lines obviate the "+" entry in /etc/passwd and
/etc/group.
passwd:     files   #dns screws things up here.
group:      files   #and probably here too.

# consult /etc "files" only if nis is down.
hosts:      dns [NOTFOUND=return] files
networks:   dns [NOTFOUND=return] files
protocols:  dns [NOTFOUND=return] files
rpc:        dns [NOTFOUND=return] files
ethers:     dns [NOTFOUND=return] files

netmasks:   dns [NOTFOUND=return] files
bootparams: dns [NOTFOUND=return] files
publickey:  dns [NOTFOUND=return] files

netgroup:   dns

automount:  files dns
aliases:    files

# for efficient getservbyname() avoid nis
services:   files dns
sendmailvars:   files

All help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
J. McKnight

2. is there a way to clone my system?

3. Can I make System.map -> zSystem.map???

4. True Type Fonts to PostScript Type 1

5. server-side map 2 client-side map utility?

6. Login Problem, help please

7. System.map not parseable as a System.map

8. Configuring routing

9. Can I draw a map from the uucp map database?

10. Q: relationship between vmlinuz, System.map, & module.map

11. Linux automounter and direct maps (i.e. the "/-" map)

12. Rhat6.0, Flowpoint2200 router, 2 public IP address, 2 Domain Names, Flowpoint 2200 mapping, DNS mapping

13. Creating a map, in .exrc, to map the fmt command to a key(s)