1. Switch map aliases: unknown member map aliases.dns
SunOS 7 (or Solaris 2.7)
I'm trying to do the following with my STMP mailer:
telnet server 25
MAIL from: john
554 Switch map aliases: unknown member map aliases.dns
Note that all of the above values will work with simple /usr/ucb/mail.
I cannot get past this error with the from statement. I'm not using
dns for email, only locally, my nsswitch.conf file is set for some dns
configuration so that I can reach the internet. I want to keep my
email local and not part of the network, but I need to use this SMPT
directly for testing. If it was going through /usr/ucb/Mail there does
not seem to be a problem (but I don't how Mail is setting the from
Here is the homegrown nsswitch.conf I have:
# 03/01/1999 - McKnight
# Created nsswitch.dns file to try to get name server switch working
# properly. The nt server at bvew uses dns.
# An example file that could be copied over to /etc/nsswitch.conf; it
# uses NIS (YP) in conjunction with files.
# "hosts:" and "services:" in this file are used only if the
# /etc/netconfig file has a "-" for nametoaddr_libs of "inet"
# the following two lines obviate the "+" entry in /etc/passwd and
passwd: files #dns screws things up here.
group: files #and probably here too.
# consult /etc "files" only if nis is down.
hosts: dns [NOTFOUND=return] files
networks: dns [NOTFOUND=return] files
protocols: dns [NOTFOUND=return] files
rpc: dns [NOTFOUND=return] files
ethers: dns [NOTFOUND=return] files
netmasks: dns [NOTFOUND=return] files
bootparams: dns [NOTFOUND=return] files
publickey: dns [NOTFOUND=return] files
automount: files dns
# for efficient getservbyname() avoid nis
services: files dns
All help would be appreciated!
2. is there a way to clone my system?
3. Can I make System.map -> zSystem.map???
4. True Type Fonts to PostScript Type 1
5. server-side map 2 client-side map utility?
6. Login Problem, help please
7. System.map not parseable as a System.map
8. Configuring routing
9. Can I draw a map from the uucp map database?
10. Q: relationship between vmlinuz, System.map, & module.map
11. Linux automounter and direct maps (i.e. the "/-" map)
12. Rhat6.0, Flowpoint2200 router, 2 public IP address, 2 Domain Names, Flowpoint 2200 mapping, DNS mapping
13. Creating a map, in .exrc, to map the fmt command to a key(s)