fvwm-0.91 upload is corrupt

Post by Robert Nati » Thu, 29 Jul 1993 00:05:18

The file uploaded for fvwm-0.91.tar.z, which was announced earlier,
is corrupt. Please do not download it.

I will upload a new copy as soon as my network access machine gets
repaired. (Don't know when, sorry). In the mean time, I can mail copies
to anyone who doesn't mind an 85Kbyte mail message.

Rob Nation

--

1. fvwm-0.91 X-11 Window Manager uploaded to sunsite

Fvwm release 0.91 has been uploaded to sunsite, as file
/pub/Linux/Incoming/fvwm-0.91.tar.z

Fvwm is a light-weight window manager which provides a simple virtual
desktop and a 3-D look for windows decorations.

Memory consumption for Fvwm is about 1/2 to 1/3 that of twm.

Several bug fixes have been made since release 0.9:
1. Problems with dialog boxes not appearing, and programs locking up,
   in particular xman.
2. Several stupid typos.
3. A problem with the high-light colors looking odd.

In addition, some new features have been added:
1. Click to focus mode. This is not compatible with keyboard shortcuts (yet).
2. DontMoveOff option, makes it impossible to loose a window by moving
   or placing it off the screen.
3. Some decorative improvements.
4. A restart option.

All these improvements have not increased the program size.

A Linux binary is included. To use it, you need Xfree86-1.3, and libc-4.4.1.
Rob Nation

--

2. DOSEMUL -- Running Windows in the DOS box

3. Uncorrupt version of fvwm-0.91 is on sunsite

4. Problems behind MS Proxy Server 2.0...

5. Uncorrupt version of Fvwm-0.96 uploaded to sunsite.

6. Altos xenix version/ buffer cache size

7. rocat-0.91.tar.gz uploaded to sunsite.unc.edu

8. Long Long Integer Arithmetic Operation

9. inst. xntp5.91 (rpm) Err- /bin/sh failed

10. Getting 2.91.66

11. "LARP" Port 91?

12. Adaptec AIC-7860/90/91/95 docs needed

13. ANN: Pan 0.10.0.91 Released